Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Matthews extended (5 years, $11.63M AAV) part 3

How Fair Is This Contract.

• Total voters

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Wait until the playoffs. If they get bounced 1st round. Matthews puts up 2 points itvwill be total chaos in leafland. It’s coming
"If" and "it's coming" don't match.

You're just making a wish that disaster will befall the Leafs.

Maybe you should just watch a good movie instead. You're less likely to be disappointed.

Reactions: kevrondl

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wait until the playoffs. If they get bounced 1st round. Matthews puts up 2 points itvwill be total chaos in leafland. It’s coming

For someone who isn't a Leafs fan, you sure seem to post a lot about the Leafs. Almost exclusively actually. I really hope you can be honest about your fandom one day, we'll welcome you with open arms.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
All I know is that without Matthews and Tavares the Leafs would have lost to Ottawa last night.

I don't give a shit what it takes, I'm just thrilled to bits that the Leafs finally have high-end players that help win games.

Screw it. That's what it's all about.

Reactions: kevrondl

seventyz78

Sep 25, 2013
I’m a hockey fan who can post about whatever I want even if the narrative doesn’t line up with your thoughts feelings. My opinion is this wil end bad for the Leafs signing all these players to big money. I could be 100 percent wrong but let’s see it play out.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

if they get bounced, that means most likely Montreal advances

do you honestly think, that such an event won't morph into an extreme cockfest of cockiness? And you better hope it ain't coming... that'll be just intense ballz on gratification and will make everyone squinting their eyes in disbelief and leave a salty taste in their mouths... You will for sure need your daily proteins and calcium to be able to face all the fans that'll spew loads of nonsense on this forum. I'm sure most of us will blow off our jobs and just stay home. You're nuts!

seventyz78

Sep 25, 2013

do you honestly think, that such an event won't morph into an extreme cockfest of cockiness? And you better hope it ain't coming... that'll be just intense ballz on gratification and will make everyone squinting their eyes in disbelief and leave a salty taste in their mouths... You will for sure need your daily proteins and calcium to be able to face all the fans that'll spew loads of nonsense on this forum. I'm sure most of us will blow off our jobs and just stay home. You're nuts!
No they will lose to Boston in the first round again

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
For someone who isn't a Leafs fan, you sure seem to post a lot about the Leafs. Almost exclusively actually. I really hope you can be honest about your fandom one day, we'll welcome you with open arms.

Not like we don’t have some fans who seem to hate the team, they could fit right in.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Yea that's my point... He would've wanted more. And the difference between 12 and 14 or 10 and 12 is the same, it does make a difference especially when you have to sign a player like Marner.

Disagree. The big think for him is term. He's going to easily cash in at the end of 5 years instead of waiting 8.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I’m a hockey fan who can post about whatever I want even if the narrative doesn’t line up with your thoughts feelings. My opinion is this wil end bad for the Leafs signing all these players to big money. I could be 100 percent wrong but let’s see it play out.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, no mater how wrong it might be.

The top players on big contracts don't hurt you. They're the guys you want to have.

It's the not-so-good players on not-so-good contracts that kick you in the nuts.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
No they will lose to Boston in the first round again

You’re turning into a broken record, this is a better team than than the one who lost to Boston. This will likely be the first time they go into the playoffs as the favourite in the first round.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, no mater how wrong it might be.

The top players on big contracts don't hurt you. They're the guys you want to have.

It's the not-so-good players on not-so-good contracts that kick you in the nuts.
Exactly. It's having contracts like Lucic that hurt, not star players getting paid too much.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
just pretend he made even close to what he deserved over the past 3 years, say we gave him 8 x 7.7m instead of an ELC + this extension. the anger it just melts away

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Toronto fans should probably blame the depth issue on the Tavares signing not the Matthews extension in my opinion.

I like the deal for both parties. Auston gets an out if they don't make it to the promise land or he decides to leave, the Leafs lock him in at a number they like for five years. With the lockout protections they could do, this makes a lot of sense for both sides. Now they just need to figure out how to get better than the handful of teams they look up at in terms of the pecking order of the league. Fixing the D and no just Muzzin didn't quite get them there is what remains in my opinion.

The Leafs also get an out if it turns out that Matthews is indeed injury prone.

I'm very comfortable with this deal as a Leafs fan, if he wants to bolt for Arizona in 6 years, so be it. I like our upcoming window, and I like having really good players for once.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
The Leafs also get an out if it turns out that Matthews is indeed injury prone.

I'm very comfortable with this deal as a Leafs fan, if he wants to bolt for Arizona in 6 years, so be it. I like our upcoming window, and I like having really good players for once.

Very good post. Nice to see someone who isn't a satire of a leaf fan boy making sense.

Leafs realize they have a chance next few years and after that it wasn't meant to be with this group. Win win for leafs and Matthews with term of the contract.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

A team like Montreal could play us, get a hot goalie, and beat us in a 7 game series. Any NHL team can do that to any other in any 1 series in my opinion.

But I can't help but recall how the early 90's Red Wings lost to us in 7. Lost to SJ in 7 with Osgood in tears. Lost to NJ in a finals sweep that was supposed to be their coming out party. Talked about moving Yzerman and how to get over the hump. Had a 62 win regular season and lost in round 2.

How are those 90's Red Wings teams looked back on now? There were many back breaking and extremely emotional defeats on the way to multiple championships. Some times cores need to lose together on the way to figuring out how to win together.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad