Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Marner re-signs (6 years, $10.893M AAV) (Mod note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Why is Dermott taking $2.5 when the RFA market has jumped? Lilegren sucks and who are D1 for $2million and D2 for 700k. That isnt a playoff defense. I laugh at wish casting posters

So you agree Barrie is possible, which is what I was trying to show. Also, depending on the cap and the other contracts we can go anywhere from 2-4 for Dermott depending on term.

I'm glad you've watched Lilegren play so much and no nothing about him, not to mention he'll be likely spending much of his time on sheltered 3rd line duties.

D1 and D2 were just my example to fill out the roster. D1 was slightly higher at 2M as I figured we would need someone a bit better than a 700K plug defender.

The defense next year COULD be comprised of:
Reilly
Barrie
Dermott
D1 Free Agent
Sandin
Lilegren
D2 Free Agent/Internal Defensemen

I'm perfectly fine with that defense in 2020-2021, especially after Sandin/Lilegren have another year of experience and likely some time in the NHL.

Reactions: WillyNy

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Top 4 forwards on each team

Tarasenko 7.5M
ROR 7.5M
Schwartz 5.3M
Schenn 5.1M
Total: 25.4M

Marchand 6.1M
Bergeron 6.8M
Pasta 6.6M
Krecji 7.2M
Total 26.7M

Matthews 11.6M
Tavares 11M
Marner 10.8M
Nylander 6.9M
Total 40.3M

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Yeah, lots of people quivering over the team that can't make it out of the first round having $15M in space next year with one defender under contract.
I would take the Leafs 1 defender under contract next year over the entire Wings defence. So there's that.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Well, good to know the Leafs probably never win the cup with this core with so much locked up in three players.

Bad luck, really, that all these stars value the dollars over winning. Guess not everyone can be McDavid.

Not everyone can be that player who signed for a significantly higher AAV, when the overall cap was slightly lower?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
So you agree Barrie is possible, which is what I was trying to show. Also, depending on the cap and the other contracts we can go anywhere from 2-4 for Dermott depending on term.

I'm glad you've watched Lilegren play so much and no nothing about him, not to mention he'll be likely spending much of his time on sheltered 3rd line duties.

D1 and D2 were just my example to fill out the roster. D1 was slightly higher at 2M as I figured we would need someone a bit better than a 700K plug defender.

The defense next year COULD be comprised of:
Reilly
Barrie
Dermott
D1 Free Agent
Sandin
Lilegren
D2 Free Agent/Internal Defensemen

I'm perfectly fine with that defense in 2020-2021, especially after Sandin/Lilegren have another year of experience and likely some time in the NHL.
none of those people are anchors in the defensive zone. No one if Leafs land seems to worry about that, but its important in the playoffs

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Perhaps you should actually re-write that last sentence in proper English so what you're saying can be understood and a proper response can be developed.
Perhaps you should look up what the long form of "cap" is.

Your weak grasp of the English language aside, I'll help you out big guy; at the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
next year? should we be concerned next year?

Please for the love of god, can someone tell me if I should be concerned about the upcoming years.
Leafs fans always have to be concerned for the future not the present year.

Other teams fans can enjoy the present year.

Just the way it is

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
He got it done before camp thankfully. Glad there were no offer sheets. Anti-leaf fans can be mad for us if they want lol. I'm enjoying the meltdown.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The anger from other fans is comical.

We heard over and over the leafs were screwed and theyd lise these guys. Supposedly there was no way to fit them. Marleau and zaitsev out, theyre all signed, and you get some posters scrambling for something to criticize.... :laugh:

No it was more/less people in shock they would spend over 33 mill on 3 forwards.. most people knew it would get done, everyone is just laughing how much was spent on the 3 guys I believe

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Almost an $11 million AAV!
Had you told Leaf fans at the beginning of the summer this would have been the deal they would have tarred and feathered Dubas. I guess the 'leaks' served their purpose of preparing the fans so they could say, hey it's not as bad as we were expecting.:laugh:

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Perhaps you should look up what the long form of "cap" is.

Your weak grasp of the English language aside, I'll help you out big guy; at the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed.

An English lesson from the guy who uses, "When that" in a sentence.

... You'll figure it out eventually.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Tarasenko 7.5M - 27
ROR 7.5M - 28
Schwartz 5.3M -27
Schenn 5.1M -28
Total: 25.4M

Marchand 6.1M - 31
Bergeron 6.8M - 34
Pasta 6.6M - 23
Krecji 7.2M - 33
Total 26.7M

Matthews 11.6M - 21
Tavares 11M - 28
Marner 10.8M - 22
Nylander 6.9M - 23
Total 40.3M

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
I'm debating my next jersey to buy, should it be "Defenseman1" or "One of Four 4th line forwards"?

You throw these solutions out there as if they will keep/make the Leafs instant contenders. You can't do it with 6 generic $800k players on a roster.

You also seem to have a crystal ball regarding the Cap?

You should read more carefully. D1 and D2 were just filling out the roster with the additional defenders needed to fill out the roster.

You know, just proving to all the cap experts who can't add and are once again concerned about the imaginary Leafs cap situation. It's heartwarming to know so many other fans are concerned about our well being.

No one needs a crystal ball to see where the cap is going. The news is out there is you feel like reading and researching what's coming.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Next offseason should be fun

EEYluFsWsAMtbsM
Only 2 of those guys play key roles, and with the money from ceci they can potentially sign them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad