Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs re-sign Nic Petan [2 years/$775,000 AAV]

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Cheap LW/C for the Leafs. Something they'll be needing in the next 2-3 years. Good signing. Little downside, decent upside.

If a miracle happens and Marleau isn't on the roster next year, I'd love to see him get a chance with one of the Leafs good centers.

Reactions: Kurtz

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
This deal just made Connor Brown expendable. And I am a big fan of his but the Leafs can save money on the cap.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not bad for depth and you can’t argue with the price. They’re going to need guys on cheap contracts who can play and hold their own. Gives them the room to pay thier big guns.

Exactly

Depth move to add a cheap body......which the Leafs will need to do with their cap.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Oh no doubt he hasn’t been able to produce.....but players can survive for periods with poor offence......but poor defence gets players removed quickly.
I meant more along the line that he has strong shot suppression numbers on defense (as well as not producing offensively). I imagine he is the only forward on the Leafs roster that has good shot suppression numbers on defense.

You've likely seen more of him than I, but the heat maps suggest he pulls his weight defensively.

Reactions: Saitama

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I meant more along the line that he has strong shot suppression numbers on defense (as well as not producing offensively). I imagine he is the only forward on the Leafs roster that has good shot suppression numbers on defense.

You've likely seen more of him than I, but the heat maps suggest he pulls his weight defensively.

He’s fine more so last year or so, definitely improved. Not saying he’s bad defensively, just saying he’s a warm body (little offence) that as long as he doesn’t hurt the Leafs defensively he might be able to hang on in the nhl a bit longer. I actually was pretty happy when the Jets drafted him......sadly he didn’t turn out as expected/hoped. Maybe he can create a nhl career as a 4th line journeyman for a handful of years to nest away some money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad