Proposal: Tor-LA

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I know that you're not calling him a cap dump, but it's a common narrative in this thread and others when his name comes up, which is why I mentioned it. But you have mentioned several times you think he'd score less and I think I've indicated why that's the case. As I have mentioned multiple times I am fine with the fact that you don't want him. That's cool.

I am glad to hear that you like Trevor Moore. Most of us Leafs fans were big fans of Moore's game as well, he works his butt off.
Well i have seen several players come to la over my 40+ years as a king fan and 90 % of them score less. So if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck plain and simple. I have nothing against him and if i was needing a 3rd line players or a center i would be interested but we simply don't need him we have better options.

I am also happy to see Muzzin and Campbell playing well in Toronto. Both players we favorites of mine. Now if the Leafs want king players i would suggest they would offer a lhd with size and upside to them as at least that is a need we have.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Because we're trying to go all in for a playoff run and we need to give his money to Hyman in the offseason. Kasperi Kapanen has 21p in 30gp this year and makes less than Kerfoot. Why did we trade him? I assume you've heard of the salary cap.

This shit ain't hard if you put the ol' noggin to work for 3 seconds.
Take your own advice. As you said, "this shit ain't hard", a trade has to be worthwhile for the other team. Kerfoot doesn't make the Kings a better team.
If the leafs need Kerfoot gone for salary reasons, they need to pay the Kings to take him .
It makes zero sense for the kings to give up a first liner (on their team[a team starved for offense) an a guy who will be off the books after next year for a guy who won't replace Iafallo for a 2nd a mid level prospect. This trade doesn't make the Kings a better team. They are better off just re-signing AI
If this is the trade the Leafs can present, they aren't good trading partners for the Kings , plain and simple

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Take your own advice. As you said, "this shit ain't hard", is that you have to make the trade worthwhile for the other team. Kerfoot doesn't make the Kings a better team.
If the leafs need Kerfoot gone for salary reasons, they need to pay the Kings to take him .
It makes zero sense for the kings to give up a first liner (on their team[a team starved for offense) an a guy who will be off the books after next year for a guy who won't replace Iafallo for a 2nd a mid level prospect.
If this is the trade the Leafs can present, they aren't good trading partners for the Kings , plain and simple
He doesn't make you guys worse, that's for sure.
We needed Kapanen and Johnsson gone for salary reasons too, how much did we pay to get rid of them?
Does it make sense to let Iafallo walk for nothing? 2nd and a mid level prospect is the price to rent him. I don't really care about this trade itself whatsoever. I don't want Carter any more than you want Kerfoot. I'm just arguing about the value of Kerfoot as a hockey player. He's a 3c playing a 3c role with 3c wingers getting paid like a 3c. People acting like he's a travesty or a cap dump aren't basing it on anything other than name recognition.

And just to be abundantly, perfectly, crystal clear, I do not care that you don't want him. That's awesome, great for you guys. I am speaking to Kerfoot's value as a hockey player. He is not a cap dump.

A post like, "We don't want Kerfoot, leave him and Carter out of it and let's talk Iafallo" makes sense. A post like, "lol you have to pay us to take Kerfoot" is silly.

It's that easy.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There will be no Robertson or Sandin heading to LA for Iafallo. Just not even in the realm .
Makes sense. Doesn’t look like TML have the assets to acquire Iafallo. They’ll need to aim lower, find more of a 3rd liner with what they appear willing to part with.

kerfoot is a cap dump. Plain and simple. There isn’t a single non playoff team that would want to shed expiring contacts and take back that Kerfoot contract without a sweetener of substance.. which is a Sandin level prospect or a 1st round pick plus lesser parts.

Based on all the skaters with term passing thru waivers, what makes Kerfoot different? Nothing is the answer. He’d pass thru waivers just like all the other guys with term have been going unclaimed all season.

If Toronto really needs to shed Kerfoot, it will cost them an asset to do so. Will be more than a pick in the 50s from a weak draft class.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingTech and Lt Dan

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Do u not know or u just playing dumb He is not a center on the kings, Kopitar and Vilardi are both better and vilardi has a much higher upside. We also need to make room for Turcotte Kapari and Madden all of which is cheaper and higher ceiling then Kerfoot. He would also block said players from making the team. Now our current 3rd line center is Jarret Anderson Dolan. He has 9 points in 12 games that is much better production then Kerfoot Also he is making 1.8 million less and he has a much higher upside then Kerfoot period. Why spend money when its not needed. Again ur also ignoring the fact Kerfoot production is going to drop in la So give it up Kerfoot would be hard pressed to make the kings top nine. I much perfer having Moore who is on a 35 point pace playing lw on Jad line why screw with it when u dont have to. The kings have problems but the 3rd line is not one.
if he's not playing C on your team because they are so much better, he is still your #1 LW ...Kerfoot is a better player than Iafallo ...doesnt make the top 9, give me a break! He's in Toronto's top 9, but not the Kings ...just sad, really. /edit reminder Moore wasnt good enough to make our team, and he is your #2 LWer

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
if he's not playing C on your team because they are so much better, he is still your #1 LW ...Kerfoot is a better player than Iafallo ...doesnt make the top 9, give me a break! He's in Toronto's top 9, but not the Kings ...just sad, really.
No hes not look at the numbers of what iafallo produces and he does it for over a million less in cap. I would also take Kempe and Athanasiou over Kerfoot in a heartbeat. I would also move Brown over to left wing and move Carter up and give Frk a shot to play over playing Kerfoot. Brown has played the left side before and i love Frk shot. also its alot cheaper then playing Kerfoot in our top 9 . In the next few years we need to make room for Kupari Madden Thomas Fagemo Kailev Bayfield Turcotte and who ever else comes out of no where. There is no room he would block opportunity for younger better players with higher ceilings So stop and actually look at our whole picture before opening ur mouth please.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
A 1st + Robertson/Sandin (i.e. blue chip prospect) for a UFA and a player the leafs don't really want in Carter is outlandish.

In no way is Iafallo or Carter a top 6 player. Both can be considered middle 6 guys and those type of players do not return blue chip prospects especially when one is a UFA rental and the other is 35.

I probably wouldn't move Kerfoot for Carter let alone 1st+Sandin/Robertson for Iafallo
\\

Even with the offensive differences between TO in the North and LA in the West, Iafallo would be TO's 6th scoring forward. He's been amongst 1st liners in scoring rankings and PPG each of the last several years and crushes advanced stats vs. tough competition. Saying he's 'in no way a top 6 player' is factually inaccurate by any measure and doesn't match the eye test either.

How many times do you want to be wrong about this kid in one thread?

If you want to debate about his rental value fine, just stop being either ignorant or dishonest about the player.

Tyler Toffoli returned Madden + 2nd. It's not outlandish to want to build near that value.

Reactions: McJedi and Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
\\

Even with the offensive differences between TO in the North and LA in the West, Iafallo would be TO's 6th scoring forward. He's been amongst 1st liners in scoring rankings and PPG each of the last several years and crushes advanced stats vs. tough competition. Saying he's 'in no way a top 6 player' is factually inaccurate by any measure and doesn't match the eye test either.

I am guessing 40. 40 times

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
\\

If you want to debate about his rental value fine, just stop being either ignorant or dishonest about the player.

Tyler Toffoli returned Madden + 2nd. It's not outlandish to want to build near that value.
His ppg/pace the last few years:
27 points
33 points
50 points
50 points *current year

Confused how that is 1st liner stats 'each of the last several years'? Seems like middle 6 production which is what I said so no need to get so defensive.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His ppg/pace the last few years:
27 points
33 points
50 points
50 points *current year

Confused how that is 1st liner stats 'each of the last several years'? Seems like middle 6 production which is what I said so no need to get so defensive.

Calling a 50 point player a third liner for sake of dragging trade value is painting a dishonest picture and you've done it multiple times in this thread.

It's not defensive to call out bad-faith arguments, which is what this has become since you've been repeatedly been informed and either played dumb or just ignored evidence.

Now if you want to say 'not worth it to TO as a rental', I get that. But to try to used-car-sale Iafallo as a run-of-the-mill 3rd liner so you can try to pick him up on the cheap is what is getting trashcanned. His scoring next to Kopitar is firmly in--and often better than--the Toffoli, Williams, Brown echelon of players, yet on a worse team. Trying to value him as much less isn't justifiable.

I have no issue with your value discussions otherwise, just either take advice about the player or stop talking knowledgeably about him because you're clearly not equipped for that part.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Calling a 50 point player a third liner for sake of dragging trade value is painting a dishonest picture and you've done it multiple times in this thread.

It's not defensive to call out bad-faith arguments, which is what this has become since you've been repeatedly been informed and either played dumb or just ignored evidence.

Now if you want to say 'not worth it to TO as a rental', I get that. But to try to used-car-sale Iafallo as a run-of-the-mill 3rd liner so you can try to pick him up on the cheap is what is getting trashcanned. His scoring next to Kopitar is firmly in--and often better than--the Toffoli, Williams, Brown echelon of players, yet on a worse team. Trying to value him as much less isn't justifiable.

I have no issue with your value discussions otherwise, just either take advice about the player or stop talking knowledgeably about him because you're clearly not equipped for that part.
A middle 6 player is a 2nd or 3rd liner. I haven't called him a 3rd liner at all, not once. Literally your making stuff up. You said he produced like a 1st liner each of the last few years, turns out he has produced between 27-50 point paces the last few years, so that is 'factually wrong'.

I'm not trying to do a "used-car-sale Iafallo as a run-of-the-mill 3rd liner so you can try to pick him up on the cheap" because this is an internet forum and so I can't 'pick him' up at all.

This started with a person saying Iafallo basically returns 1st+Sandin/Robertson. I have not been the delusional one at all (not saying you have been either edit: although you are being snarky).

Last edited:

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
your team is in the 24 slot right now (2 points ahead of 27th), maybe worrying about the chemistry of the 3rd line is not a valid concern.
Kerfoot is a better overall player than Iafallo, and Iafallo been playing on your top line. Kerfoot would perform much better than him in the same spot.
based on recent lineups Kerfoot would at worst be your #3 C but could play #2 C, and would be your #1 LW if Iafallo was gone.

Then why not just put Kerfoot in the spot where you plan to play Iafallo because as you said hes a better player?! :sarcasm:
Deal him for a 7th in the offseason if you need money for Hyman.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I remember watching Jeff Carter play in London and he was booed relentlessly every time he touched the puck. Are you sure he really wants to come back here?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
A middle 6 player is a 2nd or 3rd liner. I haven't called him a 3rd liner at all, not once. Literally your making stuff up. You said he produced like a 1st liner each of the last few years, turns out he has produced between 27-50 point paces the last few years, so that is 'factually wrong'.

I'm not trying to do a "used-car-sale Iafallo as a run-of-the-mill 3rd liner so you can try to pick him up on the cheap" because this is an internet forum and so I can't 'pick him' up at all.

This started with a person saying Iafallo basically returns 1st+Sandin/Robertson. I have not been the delusional one at all (not saying you have been either edit: although you are being snarky).
I believe the player in question has also received a ton of PP time this year which makes him useless to the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad