Proposal: Tor-LA

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dubas has been trying to dump Kerfoot since the off season with no takers . Keefe has moved him up and down the lineup hoping to find a place for him and not because he's versatile , lol .

He's recently been demoted to the 4th line so that should tell you all you need to know about his value especially carrying a 3.5 cap hit with term left .

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think leafs fans are getting touchy with King fans not wanting Kerfoot The king have a better younger cheaper 3rd line center in Jarret Anderson Dolan who plays great with Moore on the left side. There simply isnt room for him on the Kings. He would not make our top 9 and is to expensive to play on 4th line. No where in there is a comment on his playing ability. Have a nice day
Kerfoot also plays wing. He should make your top 9 considering he's already in the top 9 on an elite forward group.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Kerfoot also plays wing. He should make your top 9 considering he's already in the top 9 on an elite forward group.

Let me explain this to you. He does not have the offensive skill to play top 6 mins on any team. He is a 30 - 35 point player on a elite offensive team, He would not score this on a offensively challenged team like the kings. He is maybe 2o -25 point player on them. Hes not beating out Jad as a 3rd line center who is younger and scoring better rate costing less. Jad has formed one of the best 3rd lines since the cup years in la with Trevor Moore and Cal Gunstrom. The line has chemistry and honestly is one line i wouldn't screw with cause it works well. Moore gives the kings close to what Kerfoot does production with some grit. Kerfoot is not going to replace our lw of either Iafallo AA or Kempe all of which is younger and cheap with similar if not better production. The only other spot is center and please hes not replaceing kopitar/vilardi /kempe in our top 2 center spots. He comes down to cap management and 3+ million is to expensive for a 25- 30 point if that player.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Troll will be trolling. Horrible contracr that'd cost the Leafs at minimum a 2nd rd pick to get out of
I can't believe how people on HF consider every single contract not attached to a young star is somehow a bad contract. This is an average contract for what he brings.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I do not do this deal from the Leafs POV.
Kerfoot is a more valuable player than Iafallo.
He is a natural C, plays the PK, can slide anywhere in the lineup and is on a 'good' contract
they have near identical career stats, though Kerfoot's are better overall (though dropped since being in a lesser role on the Leafs) if he was slotted in at LW on either of the top 2 lines he'd be a 60pt+ player with ease.
Iafallo is a UFA rental that will be looking for a raise, and may get more than Kerfoot is currently making, so, hard pass from me.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Let me explain this to you. He does not have the offensive skill to play top 6 mins on any team. He is a 30 - 35 point player on a elite offensive team, He would not score this on a offensively challenged team like the kings. He is maybe 2o -25 point player on them. Hes not beating out Jad as a 3rd line center who is younger and scoring better rate costing less. Jad has formed one of the best 3rd lines since the cup years in la with Trevor Moore and Cal Gunstrom. The line has chemistry and honestly is one line i wouldn't screw with cause it works well. Moore gives the kings close to what Kerfoot does production with some grit. Kerfoot is not going to replace our lw of either Iafallo AA or Kempe all of which is younger and cheap with similar if not better production. The only other spot is center and please hes not replaceing kopitar/vilardi /kempe in our top 2 center spots. He comes down to cap management and 3+ million is to expensive for a 25- 30 point if that player.

you realize Kerfoot was putting up 43, and 42 points on Colorado before Kadri got there playing 2nd fiddle to McKinnon right??
the only reason his numbers have dropped are because we decided to turn him into a 'defensive' center as we didnt need offense from him. On the Leafs, he's not used in a goal scoring role at all.
if he's slotted in the top 6 full time on the leafs his numbers would go way up, but, he keeps getting mored to try to 'fix' bad lines.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004

/duplicate

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
you realize Kerfoot was putting up 43, and 42 points on Colorado before Kadri got there playing 2nd fiddle to McKinnon right??
the only reason his numbers have dropped are because we decided to turn him into a 'defensive' center as we didnt need offense from him. On the Leafs, he's not used in a goal scoring role at all.
if he's slotted in the top 6 full time on the leafs his numbers would go way up, but, he keeps getting mored to try to 'fix' bad lines.
Again ur talking apple when the conversation is about bannas. His production on the Kings would be my point and it no ones points stay the same when going to the kings. Most player point totals drop. Also even with Iafallo going he would have to beat out Kempe ( better winger imo ) and Athaniousa who is alot cheaper with similar production. I don't want our team messing with the chemistry on our 3rd line of Moore Jad and Gunderson (our best line on most nights) so where does he fit in?

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Again ur talking apple when the conversation is about bannas. His production on the Kings would be my point and it no ones points stay the same when going to the kings. Most player point totals drop. Also even with Iafallo going he would have to beat out Kempe ( better winger imo ) and Athaniousa who is alot cheaper with similar production. I don't want our team messing with the chemistry on our 3rd line of Moore Jad and Gunderson (our best line on most nights) so where does he fit in?

your team is in the 24 slot right now (2 points ahead of 27th), maybe worrying about the chemistry of the 3rd line is not a valid concern.
Kerfoot is a better overall player than Iafallo, and Iafallo been playing on your top line. Kerfoot would perform much better than him in the same spot.
based on recent lineups Kerfoot would at worst be your #3 C but could play #2 C, and would be your #1 LW if Iafallo was gone.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Then why trade him lol
Because we're trying to go all in for a playoff run and we need to give his money to Hyman in the offseason. Kasperi Kapanen has 21p in 30gp this year and makes less than Kerfoot. Why did we trade him? I assume you've heard of the salary cap.

This shit ain't hard if you put the ol' noggin to work for 3 seconds.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Because we're trying to go all in for a playoff run and we need to give his money to Hyman in the offseason. Kasperi Kapanen has 21p in 30gp this year and makes less than Kerfoot. Why did we trade him? I assume you've heard of the salary cap.

This shit ain't hard if you put the ol' noggin to work for 3 seconds.
so what youre trying to tell me is that he's a dump.....like what everyone has been saying except sensitive leafs fans.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
your team is in the 24 slot right now (2 points ahead of 27th), maybe worrying about the chemistry of the 3rd line is not a valid concern.
Kerfoot is a better overall player than Iafallo, and Iafallo been playing on your top line. Kerfoot would perform much better than him in the same spot.
based on recent lineups Kerfoot would at worst be your #3 C but could play #2 C, and would be your #1 LW if Iafallo was gone.
Do u not know or u just playing dumb He is not a center on the kings, Kopitar and Vilardi are both better and vilardi has a much higher upside. We also need to make room for Turcotte Kapari and Madden all of which is cheaper and higher ceiling then Kerfoot. He would also block said players from making the team. Now our current 3rd line center is Jarret Anderson Dolan. He has 9 points in 12 games that is much better production then Kerfoot Also he is making 1.8 million less and he has a much higher upside then Kerfoot period. Why spend money when its not needed. Again ur also ignoring the fact Kerfoot production is going to drop in la So give it up Kerfoot would be hard pressed to make the kings top nine. I much perfer having Moore who is on a 35 point pace playing lw on Jad line why screw with it when u dont have to. The kings have problems but the 3rd line is not one.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
so what youre trying to tell me is that he's a dump.....like what everyone has been saying except sensitive leafs fans.
I suppose you didn't read the Kasperi Kapanen example, who is a 21p in 30gp player that we traded away for futures. There is a difference between a cap dump and a player who doesn't fit into a team's plans and I don't think it's particularly difficult to understand. 3.5m for a 3c who scores about 35 points and PK's is not a cap dump. It's not a great deal, not a bad deal. Just an average deal for an average player. The Leafs are trying to ice a contender and have cap constraints so we're looking to upgrade and get space to keep more important players than the average ones.

Seriously, three seconds of critical thinking is all it takes to understand this. I don't care if you don't want the guy, makes no difference to me, just get the value right.

Reactions: NK94

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
lol. Here. Have this bad contract/player in kerfoot. Eat his full bad contract with the two+ years term remaining. Give us back one of your better forwards and pay half his remaining contract. Concede your future cap space so TML can have it.

I’ll add a low 2nd round pick in a lousy draft.

this isn’t even close. So here. Let’s even this out.

Go ahead and add Sandin and make it a 2021 1st instead of a 2 and then you’re getting somewhere.

Sandin (or Robertson-LAs choice), 2021 1st, bad contract dump in Kerfoot. For Lafallo (50%) + Carter (50%).

There will be no Robertson or Sandin heading to LA for Iafallo. Just not even in the realm .

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Again ur also ignoring the fact Kerfoot production is going to drop in la

I honestly don't care that you guys don't want Kerfoot. That's cool. But Kerfoot gets next to no PP time and plays like 3 games a year on Tavares's line. He's our 3c and plays with our bottom six wingers for 90% of his shifts. Sitting a few spots down from Matthews on the bench doesn't add 20% to a guy's scoring totals.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I honestly don't care that you guys don't want Kerfoot. That's cool. But Kerfoot gets next to no PP time and plays like 3 games a year on Tavares's line. He's our 3c and plays with our bottom six wingers for 90% of his shifts. Sitting a few spots down from Matthews on the bench doesn't add 20% to a guy's scoring totals.
It may not directly do it but the fact the best defensive players don't play against him directly effects his point totals. On the kings he would get worst wingers to play with and better players playing against him Also the kings play a defense first hockey game that would lower his point as he will not get ice time if he doesn't play defense first. I never said Kerfoot was a bad player He works for the leafs I just think he would not for la Nothing really against him Just think hes not a player that would fit in la.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It may not directly do it but the fact the best defensive players don't play against him directly effects his point totals. On the kings he would get worst wingers to play with and better players playing against him Also the kings play a defense first hockey game that would lower his point as he will not get ice time if he doesn't play defense first. I never said Kerfoot was a bad player He works for the leafs I just think he would not for la Nothing really against him Just think hes not a player that would fit in la.
If he's playing with the worse wingers that the Kings have to offer, he's not going to get good strong defenders there either. Besides, this year his wingers have been a motley mix of Vesey, Engvall, Mikheyev, Thornton, Simmonds, and Spezza. Those guys are all decent NHL players, but Spezza is the only one who actually generates notable offense. And the Leafs are a defensively responsible team. Perhaps not quite to the degree that LA is, but Kerfoot has no problem playing defense. He's not particularly noteworthy at it, but he's not a floater who blows the zone early.

I don't mind hearing fans say their teams don't want him. There's nothing particularly exciting about him, nobody is going to get hyped to have Kerfoot join their team. But arguments like, "he's a cap dump" and, "he'd score less here" just don't make any sense. He's a NHL 3c playing a vanilla NHL 3c role with typical NHL third liners. Put him on any team in the league and ask him to play 3c with some typical 3rd liners and he'll do roughly the same thing. 35ish points while being average defensively and decent on the PK or PP. At 3.5m per season, that's about what you expect: a 3c who can do the job well enough.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
If he's playing with the worse wingers that the Kings have to offer, he's not going to get good strong defenders there either. Besides, this year his wingers have been a motley mix of Vesey, Engvall, Mikheyev, Thornton, Simmonds, and Spezza. Those guys are all decent NHL players, but Spezza is the only one who actually generates notable offense. And the Leafs are a defensively responsible team. Perhaps not quite to the degree that LA is, but Kerfoot has no problem playing defense. He's not particularly noteworthy at it, but he's not a floater who blows the zone early.

I don't mind hearing fans say their teams don't want him. There's nothing particularly exciting about him, nobody is going to get hyped to have Kerfoot join their team. But arguments like, "he's a cap dump" and, "he'd score less here" just don't make any sense. He's a NHL 3c playing a vanilla NHL 3c role with typical NHL third liners. Put him on any team in the league and ask him to play 3c with some typical 3rd liners and he'll do roughly the same thing. 35ish points while being average defensively and decent on the PK or PP. At 3.5m per season, that's about what you expect: a 3c who can do the job well enough.
If you go back in my posts I never once said he was a cap dump only said it makes no sence to have someone making his money on our 4th line. He is not better then Jad period. I like Moore's game much more then Kerfoots Hes not beating out anyone higher in our lineup and yet again i will say he would block our kids with higher upsides from playing. The last thing the kings need right now is more forwards period.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If you go back in my posts I never once said he was a cap dump only said it makes no sence to have someone making his money on our 4th line. He is not better then Jad period. I like Moore's game much more then Kerfoots Hes not beating out anyone higher in our lineup and yet again i will say he would block our kids with higher upsides from playing. The last thing the kings need right now is more forwards period.
I know that you're not calling him a cap dump, but it's a common narrative in this thread and others when his name comes up, which is why I mentioned it. But you have mentioned several times you think he'd score less and I think I've indicated why that's the case. As I have mentioned multiple times I am fine with the fact that you don't want him. That's cool.

I am glad to hear that you like Trevor Moore. Most of us Leafs fans were big fans of Moore's game as well, he works his butt off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->