Proposal: Tor-LA

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Kings:
Alex Iafallo @50% + Jeff Carter @50%

For

Leafs:
Alex Kerfoot + mid prospect + 2nd

- This deal is obviously contingent on Carter waiving his NTC and since he’s been on record saying he wouldn’t do so, this whole deal could be mute but if any team could convince Carter to waive, maybe it’s his hometown team that’s gearing up for a cup run?
anyways IMO for the leafs to really hit it out of the park this deadline, I think the best move would be to try and swing a deal to address the 2LW and 3C hole in one swoop. Foligno/Jenner would have been the ideal target before Jenner’s injury and I think Granlund + Haula/Cousins could be another solid option in Nashville but if Dubas could somehow convince Carter to waive, I think this could be a beneficial deal for both teams. Kings pick up a prospect and pick for a rental in Iafallo and can ice a younger player in Kerfoot next year that could have more of a future on that rebuilding team then someone like Carter, and leafs fill the aforementioned holes on their team as they gear up for a cup run!
lines after:
Hyman,Matthews,Marner
Iafallo,Taveras,Nylander
Mikheyev,Carter,Simmonds
Galchenyuk,Thornton,Spezza

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Not enough to retain for both players.It will cost you a good propect for Iafallo,retention and your salary dump ie Alex Kerfoot.I don't see Kings interest in Alex Kerfoot.I personally rather resign Iafallo as Kings GM has mentioned depending on price.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would drop Kerfoot + Carter but the rest is a deal the Leafs would do. I think the Leafs value Kerfoot more than they would Carter and the Kings probably don't want Kerfoot anyways.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Kings:

For

Leafs:

- This deal is obviously contingent on Carter waiving his NTC and since he’s been on record saying he wouldn’t do so, this whole deal could be mute but if any team could convince Carter to waive, maybe it’s his hometown team that’s gearing up for a cup run?
anyways IMO for the leafs to really hit it out of the park this deadline, I think the best move would be to try and swing a deal to address the 2LW and 3C hole in one swoop. Foligno/Jenner would have been the ideal target before Jenner’s injury and I think Granlund + Haula/Cousins could be another solid option in Nashville but if Dubas could somehow convince Carter to waive, I think this could be a beneficial deal for both teams. Kings pick up a prospect and pick for a rental in Iafallo and can ice a younger player in Kerfoot next year that could have more of a future on that rebuilding team then someone like Carter, and leafs fill the aforementioned holes on their team as they gear up for a cup run!
lines after:
Hyman,Matthews,Marner
Iafallo,Taveras,Nylander
Mikheyev,Carter,Simmonds

First things first Carter DOES'T HAVE A NTC IN HIS CONTRACT. HE HAS ALSO NEVER ONCE SAID HE WOULD RETIRE IF TRADED. This was all made up by a click bait website. The site made this up thinking because the end of his contract he doesn't make much money and would rather stay in sunny california then play hockey. This was address in end of the season press conference the season before he got his 1000 th game. Jeff stated something to the effect I would love to play my 1000 th game as a king but i know its up to the kings and if no i will play it for some other team I have no plans to retire. Please stop spreading this bs.

As for the trade what prospect ? and you can keep Kerfoot or add another 2nd for us to take him.

Reactions: kilowatt and banks

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Why? He is on a good contract.
At center the kings have Kopitar Kempe Jarret Anderson Dolan Blake Lizzotte playing center last night. Carter Athanasiou Vilardi all capable of playing center. Madden Kapari Turcotte Thomas Bayfield all centers coming Why would the kings need this contract?

Reactions: Guitpik

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Why? He is on a good contract.
I think Kerfoot is pretty underrated on the trade board because of all the proposals we have put him in but to say he is on a good contract is just wrong IMO.
He is a great depth guy to have he can play up and down a lineup at center or wing but being paid 3.5M under a flat cap when no one has space is just too much.

Reactions: Spazkat and Dache

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think Kerfoot is pretty underrated on the trade board because of all the proposals we have put him in but to say he is on a good contract is just wrong IMO.
He is a great depth guy to have he can play up and down a lineup at center or wing but being paid 3.5M under a flat cap when no one has space is just too much.
You can have your opinion, I have mine. Clearly I believe he has a good contract.

Reactions: tom leafers

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
At center the kings have Kopitar Kempe Jarret Anderson Dolan Blake Lizzotte playing center last night. Carter Athanasiou Vilardi all capable of playing center. Madden Kapari Turcotte Thomas Bayfield all centers coming Why would the kings need this contract?
They may not, but Kerfoot's versitility allows him to play any forward position and up and down the line up.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Don't want to trade kerfoot. Hes played his best hockey as a leaf this year. Defensively he's been great and he kills penalties very well and can also play left wing and center. If we lose him to expansion so be it but there's no need to dump him.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Don't want to trade kerfoot. Hes played his best hockey as a leaf this year. Defensively he's been great and he kills penalties very well and can also play left wing and center. If we lose him to expansion so be it but there's no need to dump him.

SEA aint picking a cap dump. They'll grab Liljegren or Dermott first

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
For them to consider retain on both you'd need to have Robertson going back to the Kings.
If Toronto wants other teams to help them win a Cup and bail them out of their cap situation they are gonna have to PAY a big Price.
Point all you want at the Islanders/Devils trade but that situation is totally different, Palmieri is 30 and declining while Iafallo is in his prime and given his past seasons Iafallo is gonna be easier to re-sign for LA and so they have no reason to move him.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Troll will be trolling. Horrible contracr that'd cost the Leafs at minimum a 2nd rd pick to get out of

Yes, the troll from the Habs board is back. SMFH.

Unlike overpaid players like Bobrovsky and Price, Kerfoot will not cost a damn thing to move. He is included in Leafs proposals as the required cap out requirement to facilitate additions. Very similar to Habs fan boys putting Drouin in every proposal (all the while pumping up his value but ignoring his $5.5M cap hit and crap production); but I guess you expect it to cost the Habs at minimum a 1st rd pick to get out of the Drouin contract.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
For them to consider retain on both you'd need to have Robertson going back to the Kings.
If Toronto wants other teams to help them win a Cup and bail them out of their cap situation they are gonna have to PAY a big Price.
Point all you want at the Islanders/Devils trade but that situation is totally different, Palmieri is 30 and declining while Iafallo is in his prime and given his past seasons Iafallo is gonna be easier to re-sign for LA and so they have no reason to move him.
Palmieri has also put up a 30 goal pace the past like 6 seasons while Iafallo has yet to break 20 and is only 2 years younger.

The underrating of Palmieri is getting crazy. He has been one of the more consistent goal scorers the past while and hasn't exactly played on a good team either.

Also there is 0% chance a player like Iafallo returns Robertson, he isn't close to good enough especially as a rental

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kings:

For

Leafs:

lines after:
Hyman,Matthews,Marner
Iafallo,Taveras,Nylander
Mikheyev,Carter,Simmonds

you can retain 50% on Iafalllo

you can’t on Carter.

under the CBA since Carter has term beyond thus year and the season is past mid point. You can only retain up to what is owed for this season and it’s the same through the contract. The deadline is around 22% which is what you can retain now. It’s the same % for next year

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kings:

For

Leafs:

lines after:
Hyman,Matthews,Marner
Iafallo,Taveras,Nylander
Mikheyev,Carter,Simmonds
lol. Here. Have this bad contract/player in kerfoot. Eat his full bad contract with the two+ years term remaining. Give us back one of your better forwards and pay half his remaining contract. Concede your future cap space so TML can have it.

I’ll add a low 2nd round pick in a lousy draft.

this isn’t even close. So here. Let’s even this out.

Go ahead and add Sandin and make it a 2021 1st instead of a 2 and then you’re getting somewhere.

Sandin (or Robertson-LAs choice), 2021 1st, bad contract dump in Kerfoot. For Lafallo (50%) + Carter (50%).

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

he’s not on a good contract. His numbers are inflated being in Toronto. He’s the type of player if he was an RFA teams would not QO.

Toronto likely has to retain on him in a trade

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
lol. Here. Have this bad contract/player in kerfoot. Eat his full bad contract with the two+ years term remaining. Give us back one of your better forwards and pay half his remaining contract. Concede your future cap space so TML can have it.

I’ll add a low 2nd round pick in a lousy draft.

this isn’t even close. So here. Let’s even this out.

Go ahead and add Sandin and make it a 2021 1st instead of a 2 and then you’re getting somewhere.

Sandin (or Robertson-LAs choice), 2021 1st, bad contract dump in Kerfoot. For Lafallo (50%) + Carter (50%).
Why are you in every leaf thread spewing bullshit?

Like honestly what do you get out of these obviously outlandish asks/proposals?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
he’s not on a good contract. His numbers are inflated being in Toronto. He’s the type of player if he was an RFA teams would not QO.

Toronto likely has to retain on him in a trade
Considering they moved AJ this summer on an almost identical contract and got back the value of a 2nd round pick im thinking they could move Kerfoot without retaining

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad