Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
That's laughable on it face. Toronto's goaltending and defense are horrible, what's more is you just lost JVR and bozak who is com g to fill there shoes or production ?

Chicago has a lot going in there youth and by next year you will see a huge change in there defense plus there young forwards.

Who on the leafs,, team can compare to Chicago's top players in return of experience , proven history when it's counts to rise to the occasion and produce?

I'll take a healthy Corey Crawford over any goaltender in the league he has only gotten better and proved he can be the better goalie in playoff games with 2 rings and 3 conference finals.

Like I said Toronto fans have some pipe dreams and clearly the team is not ready to be considered a strong contender.

The conference you play in is really weak not to mention you have to be more than a 1st round exit for anyone to consider them a threat. Lol
Wow... there is so much just quantifiably wrong in your comment that it takes some unpacking. Lets go from the top:

"Toronto's goaltending ... are horrible"
Andersen: 38-21-5, .918sv%, 2.81GAA
McElhinney: 15-11-5 .934sv%. 2.15GAA

Verdict: The stats are clear in this situation. You are obviously and demonstrably wrong.

"..defense are horrible"
Top-4:
Rielly (76 gp, 52 points) Ron Hainsey (80gp, 23 points)
Gardiner (82 gp, 52 points) Nikita Zaitsev (60gp, 13 points)

Verdict: The argument has merit, but is overstated. This is a top-4 with two offensive puck-movers so it is good at setting up its speedy young forwards, two 50+ point scoring dmen in their primes is a pretty nice luxury. However this team is indeed quite weak on the right side and at this stage of his career Hainsey shouldn't be in a top-4.

"The conference you play in is really weak"
The 9th place in the East Florida Panthers with 96 points would have had the 8th seed in the West. The current Stanley Cup champions, Washington Capitals are in the Eastern Conference. The 2017 and 2016 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins are in the East as well.

Verdict: Obviously and demonstrably false.

In the future I would strongly suggest fact-checking before posting about teams that you apparently are not very familiar with, at least for obvious errors like some of the ones above; it tends to cast doubt on the credibility of any further arguments you deploy.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He owes them NOTHING. They screwed the dog for years and wasted half his prime on a bunch of spare parts and prayers. He wants to win and he doesn't want to wait a few more years to start doing so.

Yes they tried to make changes... but it was too little too late.

Kind of like when a guys wife tells him to quit drinking but he doesn't until she is packed and ready to leave. The damage is already done and doing all this movement when it's too late is just a slap in the face.

He signed all those contracts nobody else forced him.

He is at the age in his career that he knows no matter what he does , he will be paid. Most players start to slow down in there late 20's . He could get his payday and become M.I.A that happens a lot with players they get there payday and there play drops off.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Right now the East is definitely the stronger conference. Much much stronger.

Caps/Pens in the 2nd round will likely be the real Stanley Cup Final for the 4th year in a row in 2019

The Lightning were the only team to take the Caps to seven games this year and the only team to take the Pens to seven games two years ago. So if anything two out of the last three years “the real Stanley Cup Final” was the Lightning against whoever their ECF opponent was (and unfortunately they lost both of them.)

Reactions: JT Kreider

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I’m not on suicide watch over John Tavares exercising his right to make an informed decision on his own time.

Kudos though for the traffic suggestion. That’s a personal fave of mine to make.
I am not on suicide watch either. But the guy had three days to think about it. What has changed in the past 24 hours? Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad