Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
No doubt they screwed him but this was a crap move on his part telling the Isles, hey don’t trade me and then signs elsewhere.

Well we don’t actually know if he’s signing elsewhere yet. But, and i’m sure this wasn’t the case, if he did that intentionally to f*** them over I would see that as him getting some revenge. Which would be hella ballsy.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If it’s gonna be TO or San Jose it’s happening by 1 at the latest. If nothing occurs by then Boston Tampa and NYI are still in this. I think Dallas is probably out.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
All he's had is 4th line minutes with plugs and pk duty. I wouldn't expect a huge increase at all, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does improve if he gets to play with better players and gets more opportunity
I’m penciling him in for 10-15 goals and 30-40 points. Nothing crazy but decent production

Feb 24, 2017
All he's had is 4th line minutes with plugs and pk duty. I wouldn't expect a huge increase at all, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does improve if he gets to play with better players and gets more opportunity
Sure. Improvement is reasonable. The guy I quoted matter of factly laid a 60 point season at his feet.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Toronto fans have pipe dreams and if the truth hit the square in the face they would still be blind ignorant to reality.

You could poll all you want but reality is what matters when looking at the teams performance.

Just like everyone polled and thought Vegas wouldn't make the play offs or Washington would win the cup or this 1st round pick will be a superstar there meaningless .

Face reality the leafs,, have a lot of holes to fix to be taken seriously
Too bad Chicago can't find them:laugh:

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
No doubt they screwed him but this was a crap move on his part telling the Isles, hey don’t trade me and then signs elsewhere.

He owes them NOTHING. They screwed the dog for years and wasted half his prime on a bunch of spare parts and prayers. He wants to win and he doesn't want to wait a few more years to start doing so.

Yes they tried to make changes... but it was too little too late.

Kind of like when a guys wife tells him to quit drinking but he doesn't until she is packed and ready to leave. The damage is already done and doing all this movement when it's too late is just a slap in the face.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Toronto fans have pipe dreams and if the truth hit the square in the face they would still be blind ignorant to reality.

You could poll all you want but reality is what matters when looking at the teams performance.

Just like everyone polled and thought Vegas wouldn't make the play offs or Washington would win the cup or this 1st round pick will be a superstar there meaningless .

Face reality the leafs,, have a lot of holes to fix to be taken seriously

Except this performance you're speaking of with regards to Chicago is a thing of the past. How is that at all relevant for the next 5-7 years? They're not that team anymore. Toronto is a much better team today and common sense should make it very obvious that this gap is only going to widen given the age of their respective cores.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Tavares' indecisiveness might boil down to something as simple as his fiance wanting to go to Toronto for her new job there and him wanting to go to San Jose to have a good chance as the cup without being crucified by the media when not winning it.
Clearly then, it’s time for an upgrade.

He’ll have the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad