Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NHL-Free-Agency-2018-John-Tavares.png

Almost 12,000 posts in Part 1

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...-warning-in-1.2507507/page-230#post-147585153

To reduce server load we will continue here

Please stay on topic or you will be removed from this thread.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I feel like this whole thing is playing out like an auction that ends at midnight. Last we heard, SJ was the highest bidder or at least upped their price. Then on to the next team and so on. Why stop the auction now when there's more money to be had. Even if he already knows which team he'll be signing with, his camp is just playing one team off another.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
A sign and trade is not a circumvention of the rules. And Toronto does not need to send a camp dump back. Matt Martin if the islanders want him.
A cap dump would certainly help New York pry a good prospect out of the Leafs in return (means the Leafs could get Tavares and then not have to struggle too much to sign the kids and maybe even have some money left over to go shopping for a top-4 dman if they get creative with the cap). Marleau definitely would actually be a useful top 6/9 guys for the Isles coming back and a good mentor for their young guy and they will have boatloads of cap room so as far as cap dumps go, I could see the Isles looking favorably on that. Of course this would hinge on Marleau being willing to accept a trade to New York.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Just looked up the
Bruins PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $11,984,333
enough to sign him for sure, maybe move Krecji and or Backes to get a dee

Reactions: Silva

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Maybe we should just not have a main boards thread until there is some actual news haha. I know that defeats the purpose of a discussion board but the news-to-fighting ratio was getting rather low.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
There was talk maybe a week or so ago that Lou would not entertain a sign and trade. He would not want to give another club 8 years of JT.

I believe it was discussed on Sportsnet “The Fan 590” radio in Toronto. Might have been Shannon who mentioned it, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->