Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
He actually has contacts within Toronto sports. Even when he was morning show host for the Edge, he was always talking to Leafs/Jays.
Well I assume he wouldn’t randomly tweet something like that if it was coming out of his ass ? Wouldn’t want to look like an idiot if it never happened.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
chicken-lollipop-recipe.jpg
I think it's number 91 on the menu.

Reactions: PromisedLand

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Tavares and/or the Isles owe it to their fans to make an announcement before Midnight if he ain’t coming back.

Haven’t heard any Islander players comment publicly that they want him back, seems odd to me. Perhaps we will learn more tomorrow, if he does leave. When Subban left Montreal we started hearing rumblings soon after.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Got give him credit if he chooses Leafs. He immediately becomes the number one target for any failures this team has. Especially if contact is a big one as expected. If they win, he will be a hero. if they don’t win in next couple of years or even if he gets off to slow start, the media and fans will rip him to shreds in that market. Something he has not seen before, it will be interesting if he subjects his family to that scrutiny.

“He’s spent the last four seasons playing in his hometown – two with the Marlies, then two with the Maple Leafs – and lives here year-round. Other than the odd hello on the street, he feels like there’s more privacy than people think in the city.
"It’s all I’ve known, but I’ve loved it," said Brown. "I think Toronto’s done such a good job of kind of shielding it. Everyone says it’s such a big media market but for me I haven’t [found] it too overwhelming. It’s been awesome.”

Leafs' Brown on Tavares: 'Any team would be lucky to have him' - Sportsnet.ca

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
11:59PM ET

No. Tavares is officially a free agent starting midnight ET. In about 3 hours.

I believe that Tavares can sign anything after midnight with any team but it cannot be made official till Noon ET. I don’t think we are hearing anything till maybe tomorrow afternoon if Tavares does not sign within 3 hours and change.

That’s all the time that the Islanders have to sign him for 8 years. After that, they just become one of the teams looking to get him with no advantage of an additional year to offer.

Nope 11:59pm tonight.

At 12:00am the Islanders lose his rights so no more 8th year.

Thanks for the responses. Didn't know there was an actual cutoff at midnight.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
athletic, tsn or sportsnet??

I’ll start my own subscription.

TheFaceoffDot.com

Only 9.99/day for the best insider information.

To give you an example:

Tavares will sign with a team. It’s guaranteed according to my sources. They just haven’t nailed down when and where.

BRB, getting that domain before one of you steals it out of spite.

Reactions: viper0220

Lurkin Larkin

Feb 15, 2016
Derbyshire
How the hell can it take so long to make a decision? Is Tavares the kind of guy who also takes a ridiculous amount of time to decide what he's eating when he goes to a restaurant?

Make. A. Freaking. Decision. Already. Just put us out of our misery.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Ahhh, that new thread smell...pizza, wings, BBQ, beer and, of course...:poutine:

I really did think Tavares would re-sign with the Islanders, but now...:dunno:

I know NYI have until 11:59 pm to be able to offer the 8th year, but time is passing quickly. So if it's not the Isles, I'm thinking the Sharks. Actually, if he doesn't sign with Tampa, I would reeeeeeeally like him to sign with the Sharks. Get him out of the East!

BTW, beef brisket or pork ribs dripping with a molasses/brown sugar/tomato based sauce is to die for!! :heart:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It was probably all settled days ago but everyone involved agreed not to tell anyone so they can sit back and watch all the idiots on hockey message boards implode. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad