Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
At least Shawshank Redemption is on while we wait.

giphy.gif

Great movie.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
only 8 more years till we repeat this all over again with the it's time for mcjesus to come home thread. then tavares can retire and pass the captaincy to mcjesus.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Got give him credit if he chooses Leafs. He immediately becomes the number one target for any failures this team has. Especially if contact is a big one as expected. If they win, he will be a hero. if they don’t win in next couple of years or even if he gets off to slow start, the media and fans will rip him to shreds in that market. Something he has not seen before, it will be interesting if he subjects his family to that scrutiny.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Got give him credit if he chooses Leafs. He immediately becomes the number one target for any failures this team has. Especially if contact is a big one as expected. If they win, he will be a hero. if they don’t win in next couple of years or even if he gets off to slow start, the media and fans will rip him to shreds in that market. Something he has not seen before, it will be interesting if he subjects his family to that scrutiny.

Thing is, some athletes relish the opportunity to win in a place where people care. I'm talking general teams, not specifically Taveres.

Reactions: amethyst

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
JT wouldn't flush that extra 12 million from that extra year down the toilet for nothing

Dude is signing with NYI within the hour or he's gone

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Does free agency actually start at midnight, or is it 3pm tomorrow? I can't find a link to confirm when it starts.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i doubt he'll even be in the top 3. Matthews, Dubas, and Babcock are the biggest faces of the team if things go wrong

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

You're wrong but more than that Tavares grew up here he knows what to expect already.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Got give him credit if he chooses Leafs. He immediately becomes the number one target for any failures this team has. Especially if contact is a big one as expected.

Matthews is gonna change that if he’s healthy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad