Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Joe Thornton signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
What a dumb statement. Not surprising coming from a Habs fan.
You’re right. Over career sample sizes spanning 20 years, these are guys who have been lauded and admired for their on ice compete level, particularly in the playoffs, not criticized for a lack of having that element to their game. My bad.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Just what exactly is Toronto trying to do? Every single free agent signing is GARBAGE.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
All this just to lose in the first round.

He's probably used to it.

VNjBFUR.gif

:sarcasm:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Just seems pointless to do this signing... they were talking about it on tv the other day too... scoring isnt their problem.. its everything else.

I could see if their PP was awful and couldnt generate offense, but that is definitely not the issue with the Leafs.

I dont get this at all.

Leafs bottom 6 is slow and bad... I dont like their offseason at all so far unfortunately. Sure getting Brodie could help, but the others they have lost sucks... I realize it's all cause of their cap issues though of paying huge money to 4 guys

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You dont have to win a cup to be a good performer in the playoffs.

Absolutely not.

For example, Logan Couture has never won a Cup, but he is a good performer in the playoffs.

Steven Stamkos has won a Cup, but he is not a good performer in the playoffs.

Joe Thornton has never won a Cup and he is a bad performer in the playoffs.

Reactions: BigDmitriy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad