Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Joe Thornton signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $700K) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spargon

May 31, 2019

Congratz small pee pee insecurity award goes to you today.

Yes I know this post is counter active to this next statement but still.

LET THIS THREAD DIE. Peoples constant attempts at sad jokes dragging the corpse of this thread along is just pathetic. Leaf fans are happy with the signing and curious to see what happens topic over.

Only on HF with all of the Leaf obsessed non Leaf fans (that don't exist in their minds) would take a thread about a $700k singing to a second part. If people could actually control themselves and have intelligent discussion this should have been done in 4 pages.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You're more obsessed with the leafs than you are your own team. Should be fun to watch the monumental collapse of the B's over the next couple years.
Collapse? With the moves they making this off season...

It's safe to say they are entering rebuild mode.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
San Jose Fans,

Was Joe a liability last year? I know he'll never be a 100 point C again, but can you see where part of his game might frustrate Leaf Fans?

No he was not a liability.

Really hard to tell what Joe you’re going to get though. Will 9ish Months off be a blessing or a curse?

If it’s a blessing he probably still has 3c on a scoring line ability for you guys. He is slow, his hands are not quite what they used to be, and his strength has diminished. However he’s still a good possession player, stills decent at face offs, and still pretty good at creating takeaways/turnovers with his stick. He can also still help on the second PP, since I assume he won’t quite make the 1pp unless he pushes Nylander out.

Do not expect physical play out of him. He can get feisty sometimes, when angry Joe shows up, but that’s about the extent of his physicality so don’t expect him to play the 4th line like a 4th liner.

In short, unless you are expecting anything more than a serviceable bottom 6 scoring line center I think you’ll be fine with Thornton, assuming the time off is a good thing for an old guy not a bad thing.

Reactions: ottomaddox

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I rather have kapenen Johansson and kadri then Simmonds and thornton tbh.

Where do you get the 10 million more in AAV?

Kapanen, Johnsson and Kadri are absolutely better but not 10 million on the cap better.

It basically becomes Kapanen + Johnsson + Kadri or Simmonds + Thornton + Brodie + Muzzin

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
leafs fan here. i don’t give a single shit about your team. would be happy for the fans if they won a cup.

I will now start a long healing process

BoredBrandonPridham, will you swear to come to the habs board and share your happiness with us if we ever win a cup again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad