Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Joe Thornton signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $700K) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
2 threads, I love it.

Nylander Matthews Simmonds
Vesey Tavares Marner
Robertson Thornton Hyman
Engvall Kerfoot Spezza

Our core 4 forwards can probably carry Simmonds on Vesey anyways.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I wonder if my Leafs will try playing Joe Thornton on Tavares' wing. Both are slow so it could be a good fit. Maybe put Hyman in there as well as the third wheel. Thorton could be a good mentor for Tavares and maybe help him find another gear to his game.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
But he played in Buffalo. Remember O'rielly in Buffalo, how's that working out for him now on a good team like the blues?

Has nothing to do with Buffalo - Simmonds didn't look good in NJ, Buffalo, or last year in Philly.

Also: Ryan O'Reilly looked very good in Buffalo = outside of one year, O'Reilly has been fairly consistent in his prime (no matter the team) in points.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Thornton has his captaincy removed in San Jose, did his leadership change after that? Seems he has gained quite a bit of leadership recognition since then.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
i think the leafs now have a roster, which is the best ever. they might add mikheyev and dermott to round it out. but no need for any in season addition.

i will really miss all those well thought trade proposals. :sarcasm:

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
over/under the number of pages/points put up by Thornton on the Leafs

fEyD08

Jan 13, 2018
Right now Jumbo is a 3C at best. He had multiple knee surgeries over the last few years and you could see the impact on the ice. He is very very slow, thats a huge problem when the pace is high. He can still make a creative pass but thats about it.
I would put him in a very limited role at 5v5. On the PP he could still be usefull, but its always stagnatic with him.

He is just an old men right now.

I wish him all the best. Looking forward to see the Leafs at the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad