Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Jhonas Enroth (1 year, 750k)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Leafs should have a pretty solid goalie duo for next year, that's good for them. They just need some defensive help and they could challenge for a playoff spot, assuming their young guys continue to progress.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Interesting timing coming just a few days after rumors that the goalie equipment change won't be implemented next year, given that experts believe the reduction in equipment will hurt smaller goalies the most.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I thought we needed to sign him for two years so that we could expose him in the expansion draft. Is it likely now we only protect 8 skaters plus 1 goalie versus the 7-3-1?

Good signing regardless!

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I thought we needed to sign him for two years so that we could expose him in the expansion draft. Is it likely now we only protect 8 skaters plus 1 goalie versus the 7-3-1?

Good signing regardless!

I don't think this has any effect on that. We don't know which of the 2 options (7-3-1 vs 8-1) the Leafs will pick yet. It depends on roster acquisitions, how Carrick/Marincin play this year and if any expansion eligible young forwards progress more than expected.

Garrett Sparks is eligible for the expansion draft as well to fulfill the goalie requirement.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Good. This is what many Leafs fans hoped for. Trading for a backup would have been very unnecessary and none of the youngsters are quite ready yet (if they ever will be).

Mad Brills*

They're protecting andersen unless he absolutely ***** the bed.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
I wonder what was the holdup. This was rumored to be close as far back as the end of June.

The Jared Cowen situation has been holding things up for the Leafs.

I hope this is a sign that they can buy out Cowen.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nice, the most obvious fit in UFA.

Didn't need to reinvent the wheel either.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I am okay with this

They took so long to do it though, I was thinking they were going to do a training camp invite first.

Hopefully it also means we'll get an answer on Cowen shortly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad