Proposal: TOR Jake Gardiner to NYR for the 26th OA pick in the 2018 draft

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Isn't he the same Jake Gardiner that Leafs' nation wanted tarred and feathered after game 7 against Boston this year? How did his value go from that to a 1st rounder?

The wrong opinion of a handful of fans on a website don’t mean anything regarding a player’s value.

His stats are fantastic and his value will be much higher than a single late 1st.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Thatd be stupid. Why would we trade a mobile top 4 D for a maybe at 24OV. Zero sense.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Thatd be stupid. Why would we trade a mobile top 4 D for a maybe at 24OV. Zero sense.

Does it make any sense to have yet another "own rental" next year? Are we signing Gardiner for another 6 years? It makes sense because we are no longer going to have soft Defenders who serve the puck to other team so easily!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Pointing it out as parallel.
More likely than OP Gard to NY.

Happy to keep DeA and have his value rise/production increase
While I respect your stance, DeA's value has done nothing but drop since his draft and it appears as if the trend is continuing.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Does it make any sense to have yet another "own rental" next year? Are we signing Gardiner for another 6 years? It makes sense because we are no longer going to have soft Defenders who serve the puck to other team so easily!

First off Gardiner has always been on the edge of.your seat player

How many times he makes a wicked pass is very close to the same as how many times he scratches your head. Babcock even said that. Trading him for an NHL asset is what we do. Picks are maybes. Gauthier is done as a leaf I guarantee it..he was 23rd OV. Even higher picks like a Lawson Crouse for example dont pan out. And it wouldn't just be Gardiner to move to and why 26th we are 25th. The only move up thatd make sense is to get Evan Bouchard top 10.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
While I agree this trade makes zero sense for the Rangers (and Leafs for that matter), I disagree that they would refuse it. Gardiner clearly has more value than the 26th pick in this draft so it would be poor asset management not to make this deal. They could easily turn around and flip Gardiner for another 1st plus other assets any time between now and the trade deadline. In the end they come out ahead by doing so.

There are probably a number of would be UFA's on July 1 that would garner a 1st rounder too and we wouldn't have to trade anything for them and saying that would Gardiner bring back a 1st rounder?---well maybe. Maybe not. I'm not interested in Gardiner anyway. I don't see him as a player being a step forward from where are team is right now. I'm looking more at putting a younger team together and I'd be keeping those kinds my draft picks--not moving them for mid 20's 2nd pairing D. To me the 26OA is a draft pick I'm looking to move up into the teens in this draft--not for a guy one year away from unrestricted free agency.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
The wrong opinion of a handful of fans on a website don’t mean anything regarding a player’s value.

His stats are fantastic and his value will be much higher than a single late 1st.
The Toronto media wasn't that kind to him either.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can we close this down? It just makes no sense from either side. This is not turning into a what is Jake Gardiner value thread. The value isn't anything we're paying and the value better be worth the leafs risking losing a D-men, especially when they have high hopes of competing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad