Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ilya Mikheyev signs extension (2 years, $1.645M AAV)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
doubt it but he could go to Europe which I don’t think is a terrible idea.

@cupcrazyman

Normally the answer is, absolutely not, Robertson isn't old enough for the AHL. This year... there have been rumours, that "if there is an AHL season" (no guarantees), and there isn't an OHL season, they might make exceptions, and allow NHL prospects to play... everything is up in the air right now.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
2. According to Capfriendly. Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

A sampling of the list of RFAs who I would offer sheet over Dermott, in no particular order
- Ryan Pulock
- Mikhail Sergachev
- Mackenzie Weegar
- Vince Dunn
- Ethan Bear
- Erik Cenak
- Phillippe Myers

Offer sheets are rare at the best of times. If a player is going to be offer sheeted, it will almost certainly be for a difference-maker.
How many of these could be had for nothing ?

An offer sheet of $1,439,820 brings no compensation. Would the Leafs match it ?

They're already $175,200 over the cap, meaning they would need to find a bit more than $1.61M to match. And they still have to sign Joey Anderson (RFA), the return for Andreas Johnsson.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
How many of these could be had for nothing ?

An offer sheet of $1,439,820 brings no compensation. Would the Leafs match it ?

They're already $175,200 over the cap, meaning they would need to find a bit more than $1.61M to match. And they still have to sign Joey Anderson (RFA), the return for Andreas Johnsson.

You've made a great point, Dermott is as good as gone because Dubas forgot to leave himself enough cap space to sign him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Virtanen and Gurianov get nearly a million more, as significantly less impactful players, and it’s an overpay by Dubas?

Sure thing, kid.
Gurianov is now a less impactful player? 20 goal scorer in a shortened season. His team leading goal scorer. And even most importantly 9 goals and 17 pooints in the playoffs on a SCF team. 4th among forwards. One point less than 6.25 Mil Radulov, two points less than 7 Mil Pavelski and 9.5 Mil Benn.

They are both underpayed for obvious reasons. Both will play two seasons for their next contract. Also Gurianov is three years younger. He is obviously a far more impactful player and that is why he has a bigger contract.

Both teams though have got themselves great deals.

Reactions: Odie Cleghorn

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Could you explain the logic behind this ?

If there's one, obviouly...
Well 'obviouly' I'd love to explain it for you. You're my favourite poster (why don't you ever respond to my DMs at Christmas?!)

Quite different from the post I quoted.

If Robertson goes, he's out for the year as he will go to junior (unless there's an emergency recall).

With these moves, $1,165634 would be available to resign Dermott. Is that sufficient ?

Are the Leafs prepared to let him go with no compensation ?

An offer sheet of $1,439,820 or less entails no compensation.

You made a poor attempt at suggesting the Leafs wouldn't be able to afford Dermott and 30 minutes later he accepted his qualifying offer.

It happens to the best of us. A swing and a miss. Answer my texts - I want to get a beer!

Reactions: Mitchy

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Well 'obviouly' I'd love to explain it for you. You're my favourite poster (why don't you ever respond to my DMs at Christmas?!)

You made a poor attempt at suggesting the Leafs wouldn't be able to afford Dermott and 30 minutes later he accepted his qualifying offer.

It happens to the best of us. A swing and a miss. Answer my texts - I want to get a beer!
Wow !

I simply asked a question.

Poor attempt ? :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad