Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ilya Mikheyev signs extension (2 years, $1.645M AAV)

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
That's a really good deal for a player of his caliber. Got to think he gets a lot more had he not missed so much time last season.

According to cap friendly that puts the Leafs just slightly over the cap

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
2 year term is phenomenal. He will blow this contract out of the water.

Expected 1 year but the Leafs were able to pick the term since Mik initiated arbitration. Glad to see them settle.

Reactions: BHD and Fisticuffer

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Like the two years. AAV is fair for both sides. Cool.

I'm actually a bit surprised the AAV is so low. I guess he's only got around half a season worth of bargaining power, but he performed like a middle six winger in those games. I'd think that's worth at least $2 million per.

Maybe the combination of COVID and his limited games played factored in and he's just happy to be a millionaire for the next two years.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
What a deal , LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the leafs this year pretty much exactly what everyone said they needed . They have acquired . a legit D partner for Rielly . Toughness , Size , grittyness . Play off experience . Leadership . Super stoked for the season to start BOYS LETS GO

I would have been happy with 2M for him for 2 Years . What a steal his injury in an unfortunate way for him benefited us

Reactions: Fisticuffer

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I'm actually a bit surprised the AAV is so low. I guess he's only got around half a season worth of bargaining power, but he performed like a middle six winger in those games. I'd think that's worth at least $2 million per.

Maybe the combination of COVID and his limited games played factored in and he's just happy to be a millionaire for the next two years.
IIRC the arbiter just sets the number, the Leafs would have gotten to decide one year or two so they certainly would have picked 2. And based on where the comparisons were at, 1.6 seems like about what the arbiter would have gone with. I see this deal as essentially a deal that went to arbitration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad