Trade: [TOR/HOU] Joe Biagini, Aaron Sanchez, and Cal Stevenson for Derek Fisher

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I get that Aaron Sanchez has been mostly poor and injured the last 3 seasons...so why trade him if this is the return?! It's better to just keep him for this season and possibly up to the trade deadline next year to see if he can turn things around and become a respectable starter.

Wonder the same myself. Baffling.

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
The thing is is that Sanchez showed signs of coming out of his funk lately. And then he gets tossed into a trade like he was damaged goods. I realize he has a long way to go, but who have the Jays got to replace him? Nobody. The timing was right for them to have him work out his issues while they are still under .500. Then if he doesn't improve you cast him aside.

Reactions: Del Preston

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Not seeing much upside with regard to Fisher

He just cant hit at ML level and he is underwhelming fielder
Toronto has done a good job with guys like this just like Houston has with fastball/curveball guys.

Brent Strom doing the Brent Strom thing to Sanchez right now.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
In 3-5 years I think we'll look back at this trade and wonder why there was so much talk about it at the time. I doubt any of these guys makes a long lasting impact at this point. Sanchez can't stay healthy, Biagini is just another middle reliever, Fisher is probably a 4th OF and Cal Stevenson is probably a career minor leaguer.

Reactions: MikeCubs

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
In 3-5 years I think we'll look back at this trade and wonder why there was so much talk about it at the time. I doubt any of these guys makes a long lasting impact at this point. Sanchez can't stay healthy, Biagini is just another middle reliever, Fisher is probably a 4th OF and Cal Stevenson is probably a career minor leaguer.

Hey hey hey man... totally disagree with you. Biagini is NOT a middle reliever. He’s much worse than that

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

No Shatkins is literally the devil and gave away impact players for nothing.

The overreaction to Freddy Galvis being lost on waivers will be fun to look back too

Reactions: Voight and MikeCubs

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
No Shatkins is literally the devil and gave away impact players for nothing.

The overreaction to Freddy Galvis being lost on waivers will be fun to look back too

They didn’t give away impact players for nothing. They held on to assets too long until their value was at their lowest and then traded them for more or less nothing

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They didn’t give away impact players for nothing. They held on to assets too long until their value was at their lowest and then traded them for more or less nothing
very true. 3 seasons ago I would've been okay with trading Gary Sanchez for Aaron Sanchez.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I was wondering this on day one.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I don't even think Fisher is good enough to be 4th OF

He cant field and thus far with Jays he has been abysmal at plate just like in Houston

Fisher in 29 games with Jays
72 AB
83 PA
12 hits
5 HR's
9 RBI
32 Strikeouts
.167 BA
.277 OBP
.403 SLG
.680 OPS

Reactions: Voight

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't even think Fisher is good enough to be 4th OF

He cant field and thus far with Jays he has been abysmal at plate just like in Houston

Fisher in 29 games with Jays
72 AB
83 PA
12 hits
5 HR's
9 RBI
32 Strikeouts
.167 BA
.277 OBP
.403 SLG
.680 OPS

But he’s not worse than Biagini so Jays actually DID win the trade hahahahaha

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Fisher is more likely a 5th or 6th outfielder. If that.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad