Trade: [TOR/HOU] Joe Biagini, Aaron Sanchez, and Cal Stevenson for Derek Fisher

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So two pitchers and now a prospect, for Derek Fisher aaaaaaaand.....who?

Astros just shipped out four prospects for Greinke, gotta expect a couple more are headed our way now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blue Jays were already at losing end of this trade and they felt need to throw in #25 prospect in Jays system on top of it!

These deals by Jays have been awful this week

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Did I just teleport to a universe where Aaron Sanchez is good again or something?

Jays get a guy with some upside who's never really gotten a shot for some spare parts and Joe Biagni. That's fine.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Did I just teleport to a universe where Aaron Sanchez is good again or something?

Jays get a guy with some upside who's never really gotten a shot for some spare parts and Joe Biagni. That's fine.

The guy has never gotten shot because he has been brutal in his ML career and is soon to be 26

You can only ride that 1st round hype so long

Also there is far more upside for Stros turning Sanchez around then Fisher turning his career around

Reactions: Voight

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
I'm going to miss Joe Biagini interviews.

Also: brutal trade for Jays. If you can't get anything for Sanchez ( Biagini and Stevenson for Fisher wouldn't have been overly one-sided), why not hold onto him? He has another year of control for crying out loud. Just trading players for the sake of trading players. The bar is set pretty low for this group of management and I was still underwhelmed.

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
As someone who has backed the front office on some iffy moves, I can say with complete confidence that this trade is absolutely terrible.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I admittedly dont follow baseball too much but wasnt Sanchez a young arm the Jays should have kept since dealing Stro?

Is smoker not a highly desirable piece teams are looking for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad