Rumor: TOR has more “irons in the fire”

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How on earth are they going to make that work next season? Gardiner's probably going to want 6M at least.

Dermott is the heir apparent on the 2nd pairing left side IMO. We do need to shore up RD though for sure.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If the Leafs could acquire I really solid dman I will be a believer. A good #3 who can actually play defence.

Reactions: Whaleafs

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
De Haas just wants to come play at home. Funny thing is that Tavares and De Han were drafted the same year

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Sign De Haan and trade Gardiner.

Apparently you missed where a tweet reported Dubas spoke to Brisson regarding Jake a day before we signed john. 53pts plus 9 I believe hes good..just plays on edge of scratch your head and amazing

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Dubas is just some stupid kid, he isn't doing anything to improve the team. You need a veteran hockey guy like Lou! Lou would improve a team, he knows how to win :sarcasm:

Lol ya so everyday Dubas has to get a super star ..I knew the ridiculous poster's would come out if we got JT
..really dumb posts since we signed him

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
“What else have they done but signed the biggest free agent of the modern era on a reduced contract?”

Leafs roster when Shanny took over:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Booth
Clarkson - Santorelli - Panik
Winnik - Holland - Komarov

Phaneuf - Robidas
Polak - Rielly
Gardiner - Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

BUT WHAT HAVE THEY REALLY DONE??

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I don't care what else they do, I said in June I wanted something "real" from Dubas, something that mattered, then he landed Tavares, that is as real as it gets, in an arms race he got the biggest and best gun available, the got the nuke.

Anything else he does is gravy as long as he gets Nylander signed.

Tavares is the leafs biggest ever UFA signing period. Ever..like not close. Dubas smashed it. I'll laugh if we get de haan
I do feel bad for isles on JT that feeling must suck. But years of faith and here go ladies and gentlemen

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Sign De Haan, move Gardiner for help on the right side or picks and prospects. Move the pick and prospect for Tanev. You've added CDH and Tanev for Gardiner. This is assuming you can get De Haan at a reasonable cap hit.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Given the current make up of our defensive group, I don't think that it would improve us.

Sign de Haan flip Gardiner and a pick or something for Faulk. Faulk is pretty similar to Gardiner just a righty, and de haan is that defensive guy that we've been trying to find on the right side.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
I don't know why the Leafs would need deHaan. Reilly, Gardiner, Dermot and Borgman are already at LHD.
And depending on himto be ready in October and staying healthy,,,,I'd rather not gamble on him.
Rielly will most likely move to the right where hes played a lot.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tavares is the leafs biggest ever UFA signing period. Ever..like not close. Dubas smashed it. I'll laugh if we get de haan
I do feel bad for isles on JT that feeling must suck. But years of faith and here go ladies and gentlemen

Oh if we get DeHann too that's just mean, even if he's only a #4 D, that's still a top 4 D, that means they get a top 4 D man and a Franchise center and they give up NOTHING

That's disgusting that's mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad