Rumor: TOR has more “irons in the fire”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

TFP has been on the ball this weekend.

Leafs still have several irons in the fire, such as Calvin De Haan, and possibly trading Matt Martin and Josh Leivo.

Have to assume they are still getting calls on Sparks/Pickard.

Also have to assume they are working the phones for a top 4 D, just in case De Haan goes elsewhere

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Adding De Haan would round out their defence nicely, assuming he could handle playing the right side with Rielly. Only concern is if his shoulder can hold up, which could have the Leafs cautious about giving him more than 3 or 4 years.

Dubas did say a few free agents expressed interest in shorter term deals now that Tavares is officially a Leaf. Could be an unbelievable week adding an elite 1C and solid 3D for nothing.

I thought de haan was down to 4 teams, none which were the leafs?
That was only one source making that claim, which IIRC was Lawton, whose been wrong a lot in regards to the Leafs (see Stamkos). Numerous other sources still have the Leafs linked.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
4th period guy...

- Called the Tavares deal... after most of twitter world was speculating it
- speculated deHaan when most armchair fan were suggesting it as a possibility due to the Tavares connection. (real insiders have suggested Leafs aren't on his short list).
- now he's speculating Martin and Leivo... alot of insiders have already speculated Martin is on the market. Meanwhile Leivo requested a trade during the season.

None of the above is ground breaking.... or new information.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought de haan was down to 4 teams, none which were the leafs?

That came from Brian Lawton, who says stuff, none of it really ever being right.

Other people have listed TOR as involved, and apparently Tavares is trying to get him to sign with TOR.

Kyle Dubas said yesterday that some free agents have lowered their ask from the Leafs.

Reactions: Cotton

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
That came from Brian Lawton, who says stuff, none of it really ever being right.

Other people have listed TOR as involved, and apparently Tavares is trying to get him to sign with TOR.

Kyle Dubas said yesterday that some free agents have lowered their ask from the Leafs.

Ah thought lawton was credible. My apologies

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
4th period guy...

- speculated deHaan when most armchair fan were suggesting it as a possibility due to the Tavares connection. (real insiders have suggested Leafs aren't on his short list).
- now he's speculating Martin and Leivo... alot of insiders have already speculated Martin is on the market. Meanwhile Leivo requested a trade during the season.

I had notifications on for free agency frenzy.

Incarcerated Bob and David Pagnotta were the first ones to break the Tavares signing.

Reactions: shello

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
4th period guy...

Pretty sure he broke the Tavares signing

Reactions: shello

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
4th period guy...

He broke the Tavares signing. He tweeted 2 minutes before Friedman and everyone else did

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I don't know why the Leafs would need deHaan. Reilly, Gardiner, Dermot and Borgman are already at LHD.
And depending on himto be ready in October and staying healthy,,,,I'd rather not gamble on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad