Confirmed Trade: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Strange deal by Tallon, I doubt he has any intentions of helping the Leafs get into the playoffs at his own team's expense. Which leaves me with these thoughts, did he trade Maigin to the Leafs because he thinks it will make them weaker? If so it would be a brilliant GM move if this is what he calculated.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Strange deal by Tallon, I doubt he has any intentions of helping the Leafs get into the playoffs at his own team's expense. Which leaves me with these thoughts, did he trade Maigin to the Leafs because he thinks it will make them weaker? If so it would be a brilliant GM move if this is what he calculated.
The brilliant move, if any, is Dubas trading Marchment to Florida to make them weaker.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Sheldon Dries has only played one game this season, and he is a buzzsaw (not a finesse player). Mitchell Stephens is more of a penalty killer. Andrew Agozzino is well-rounded and has an edge, though I would rather have someone who could be relied on to fight. Not the greatest examples that you have given.

That being said, the Malgin trade makes sense with Johnsson being out for the remainder of the season.

In addition to Johnsson, Mikheyev is also injured.

This trade also makes sense as one if not two of Kerfoot, Johnsson and Kapanen will be gone this off-season to re-allocate cap space.

Malgin has a great opportunity to run with.

Reactions: uncleben

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

I don't think you're qualified to use the word "brilliant."

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Seems like we just got another player that we have a saturation of, while trading a player we have an actual need for. I liked what I saw with Marchment, but I guess Clifford is now the token sandpaper guy.

This will help us beat the Bruins for sure.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

Lol.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
I have to assume Malgin doesn’t play against Pittsburgh tonight. With his defensive “ability” and him being perhaps the softest player in the entire league in the corners and on the boards, a team like the penguins will eat this guy alive, like they have in the past.

There’s no way a nice guy like Keefe will throw a new player to the wolves so quickly, and if he does, maybe Keefe isn’t quite as elite as some would have you believe. I guess we shall see tonight

Mar 12, 2009
Lots of hot takes in here about Denis Malgin, a guy who couldn't put up points on one of the best offenses in the league 2 years in a row. He had every chance to succeed in Florida and failed almost every time short of about 10 games to start this season.

He is soft, weak on the puck but has good vision and can make a decent pass when he doesn't pass it right into a player on the other team. His wirst shot is that of a PeeWee player.

Don't expect much to be honest.
A lot of the hot takes are how terrible the trade is. You're in here telling people who mostly hate the trade, not to expect much...fyi don't expect much from Marchment, unless you're a fan of your AHL affiliate, he might help there.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lots of hot takes in here about Denis Malgin, a guy who couldn't put up points on one of the best offenses in the league 2 years in a row. He had every chance to succeed in Florida and failed almost every time short of about 10 games to start this season.

He is soft, weak on the puck but has good vision and can make a decent pass when he doesn't pass it right into a player on the other team. His wirst shot is that of a PeeWee player.

Don't expect much to be honest.
Thanks for the scouting report. I was wondering why Tallon would trade him. I have a better idea why now.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Malgin is the clearly better player. I don't get why Panthers would do it, especially to their most important playoff rival. Leafs win easily.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I don’t think it’s particularly brilliant, it is completely predictable Dubas would trade for a 5’9 170 lb fwd.
it seems to be his modus operandi
...maybe he's thinking smaller players will get squished and perhaps the leafs can get a penalty called for them for a change instead of only against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad