Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

Status
Not open for further replies.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Was the guy who recognized Luke Schenn couldn't skate well enough to ever be a top five dman, going to be dismissed this easily?

I watched Marchment closely, and helloooo, he apparently took up hockey late, cause his dad was hands off, didn't push at all..

So, he was a late starter..

Had with us, an advanced shot, skated pretty well and the dude is six feet four..

I just watched a guy play tennis who is six feet six, from russia, and always got cut from important tennis teams.

HE almost beat Dr. drug store Nadal in the finals..

pretty hard to beat a pharmacy, but whatever, guy is big, has a large frame, and its to his advantage.

You never trade a mobile big man, with a shot, ever. Ever..

But again, I saw ryan o reilly live as a junior, in one live game and said he should be top five picks, saw Luke Schenn for five minutes and said he was a bust...

What did those two quick, evaluations get me?

Nothing but debate and hate in no particular order...

Reactions: ICBM

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
would y'all still be mad if we had lost marchment on waivers when he wasn't good enough to make the team the next year instead of getting traded for malgin?

nobody could have known the guy with this stat line prior to this season would go ahead and go PPG through 22 games in his 26 year-old season and score 6 points in 1 game
5ce588493f.png

hey, malgin turns 26 next year. maybe he still has a breakout in him.
I would imagine those that are mad about this would be mad if they had lost him on waivers instead.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Maybe it reflects poor judgement/waste of assets by Dubas and not just with this particular player - Ritchie, Mrazek (debatable at this point), Simmonds, Clifford, Foligno (who they wanted to re-sign), Riitich, Jumbo, Nash, Hutton, Barrie, Petan.......

I see your list and raise you Bunting, Campbell, Spezza, Mikheyev, Kase, Kampf, Bogosian, Brodie, Muzzin, and Galchenyuk. Mrazek and for that matter Simmonds and also aren’t bad signings. Hutton was fine as an extra D-man for the Leafs before whatever issue that plagued him kept him from being with the team in the playoffs.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I see your list and raise you Bunting, Campbell, Spezza, Mikheyev, Kase, Kampf, Bogosian, Brodie, Muzzin, and Galchenyuk. Mrazek and for that matter Simmonds and also aren’t bad signings. Hutton was fine as an extra D-man for the Leafs before whatever issue that plagued him kept him from being with the team in the playoffs.
Just sayin he's made his fair share of mistakes. I wouldn't be sporting a Dubas avatar at this point :)

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yeah I figured this was about arguing that the GM of one of the best teams in hockey full of value signings is bad at GMing.
See this is the issue I have. Don't keep talking about the best team in hockey when they lose in embarrassing pathetic efforts each year. You parade around telling everyone how elite this team is then you disappear for some time after they get beat again in the first round. Only to return with excuses and more "elite" crap.

Reactions: ToneDog and hotpaws

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
See this is the issue I have. Don't keep talking about the best team in hockey when they lose in embarrassing pathetic efforts each year. You parade around telling everyone how elite this team is then you disappear for some time after they get beat again in the first round. Only to return with excuses and more "elite" crap.

The team is elite. Deal with it.

And why would I stay around all summer while all you crazy kids are throwing months long temper tantrums I'm every thread?

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I charge 230 dollars per half hour. But keep your money, I made a clear point in this thread, but monkey brains, are monkey brains..

My salient point, is one of my best friends shut down a guy who was killing us in the playoffs and he exerted his thick body skills and shut down the guy, to the point, that the recipient, never, ever recovered from the aggressive shadowing..

Shayne and Alexei...

The few here, who understood what I said, is that Dubas, screwed up huge..

Tall, average to above average speed, way above average shot, and a nose for the net, you do not trade that.

Give it to an expert like myself, certainly not barbara, a good friend at one time of mine, she can skate sure, but she doesn't know anything about the corners and all that.

That is another department...Corners and management of corners.

Best corner man, in NHL history? Without a doubt, Wayne Cashman...

Nowadays? I don't know, not current enough I guess...

Give me a guy like Marchment, in the AHL, and the NHL wouldn't believe what is produced.

Take the tasmanian, and show him or it, how to almost never take a penalty. Never. Cut off the angle, always, soon as a guy gets even a foot around you, the zebras are going to blow their whistle

Once the beast can wrap its mind around that, show it, how to take advantage of its reach, how to hurt a guy every time you hit him LEGALLY...

Right there, you have a better player than that awful excuse for a large man, Gauthier...

liljegren, MLSE, give him to me, for three weeks..

Just three weeks, HIS agent will be saying, show me the money afterwards.

Did anyone see him lay that huge hit into the guy on the boards?

Apart from me... Didnt hear anything about it...

One of the top five defenceman in Maple Leaf history, just screwed off, said keep your money..

Last name is Svehla, thought Leaf fans were the worst fan base ever.

He was an amazing dman, great skater, general..

Didn't like us, hell, I don't like leaf fans for the most part either...

But again, young, tough enough, fast, really nice shot, long frame... Keep it...

Keep it around, we have enough carnival midgets for a lifetime..

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The team is elite. Deal with it.

And why would I stay around all summer while all you crazy kids are throwing months long temper tantrums I'm every thread?
So you're a regular season success guy and playoff apologist. Year after year
You go in hiding because all of your proclamations mean nothing every playoffs. Only excuses and stats pointing to expected goals, wins and other shyte that means nothing.
They go far this year I'll gladly eat my words whereas if the same shit continues you'll still maintain they're elite.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So you're a regular season success guy and playoff apologist. Year after year
You go in hiding because all of your proclamations mean nothing every playoffs. Only excuses and stats pointing to expected goals, wins and other shyte that means nothing.
They go far this year I'll gladly eat my words whereas if the same shit continues you'll still maintain they're elite.

Heh. Yeah you got me - I always dissappear. I wasn't here at all this summer! I just came back when they started winning

You guys have no idea how embarrassingly unbearable you dorks made this place in the summer. Why anyone would choose to tune in foe the tantrum all summer is beyond me.

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea
Was the guy who recognized Luke Schenn couldn't skate well enough to ever be a top five dman, going to be dismissed this easily?

I watched Marchment closely, and helloooo, he apparently took up hockey late, cause his dad was hands off, didn't push at all..

So, he was a late starter..

Had with us, an advanced shot, skated pretty well and the dude is six feet four..

I just watched a guy play tennis who is six feet six, from russia, and always got cut from important tennis teams.

HE almost beat Dr. drug store Nadal in the finals..

pretty hard to beat a pharmacy, but whatever, guy is big, has a large frame, and its to his advantage.

You never trade a mobile big man, with a shot, ever. Ever..

But again, I saw ryan o reilly live as a junior, in one live game and said he should be top five picks, saw Luke Schenn for five minutes and said he was a bust...

What did those two quick, evaluations get me?

Nothing but debate and hate in no particular order...

Plus Self adoration

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

Since 2018 they have been telling us how amazing these dubas led teams are. Yet they been proven 100% wrong for 3 years now. It's honestly hilarious to see how all the dubas fanboys go into hiding as soon as the season ends. Yet they come right back the following season with even more "elite" stats and numbers.

The crazy part is that even though they have been wrong so often, they still have the audacity to act like they are the ones who have been right all along. It's so detached from reality that it borders on insanity.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
You guys have no idea how embarrassingly unbearable you dorks made this place in the summer. Why anyone would choose to tune in foe the tantrum all summer is beyond me.

Well let me say that a few posters here with the Leafs and Dubas can do no wrong attitude, constantly making excuses for this team, and arguing in every thread about how everyone else is wrong and they're right - that's unbearable. No balance with these posters - can never admit maybe, just maybe their fancy stats don't tell the whole story and can't/won't even entertain a different point of view. So who are the "dorks" again?

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Since 2018 they have been telling us how amazing these dubas led team are. Yet they been proven 100% wrong for 3 years now. It's honestly hilarious to see how all the dubas fanboys go into hiding as soon as the season ends. Yet they come right back the following season with even more "elite" stats and numbers.

The crazy part is that even though they have been wrong so often, they still have the audacity to act like they are the ones who have been right all along. It's so detached from reality that it borders on insanity.

The audacity to think the team with the 4th best record is a good team? Like you don't need "elite stats" to tell the Leafs are a good team, they're on pace for 119 points using the most basic metric possible.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The audacity to think the team with the 4th best record is a good team? Like you don't need "elite stats" to tell the Leafs are a good team, they're on pace for 119 points using the most basic metric possible.

So you're just fine with regular season success? That's your Stanley Cup?
Enjoy! Some want playoff success after decades of failure and perhaps a team with some balls that will go down fighting rather than becoming "fragile"

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So you're just fine with regular season success? That's your Stanley Cup?
Enjoy! Some want playoff success after decades of failure and perhaps a team with some balls that will go down fighting rather than becoming "fragile"

Of course I want playoff success, what kind of strawman is that. The difference is I don't want to blow up one of the best teams in the league and fire everyone after every playoff loss because I think the best chance at winning a Cup is to consistently make the playoffs. At some point they'll have a lucky run. Their Washington 2018 run could be coming up any year. And I spent too many years watching us be terribly outchanced with terrible hockey under Burke and Nonis to take what we're seeing now for granted. It is fun to win most of our games. We had many years when we lost most of our games. Somehow a lot of you are angrier now than you were then :laugh:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We had many years when we lost most of our games. Somehow a lot of you are angrier now than you were then :laugh:

Perhaps it's because this team has such a great opportunity which they are totally blowing. And I won't speak for others, but I don't think we have the right GM/coach to take us anywhere.
And noone has talked about "blowing up" the team. Just that it's perhaps not the right balance which has been crystal clear when it's time to go to war

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Perhaps it's because this team has such a great opportunity which they are totally blowing. And I won't speak for others, but I don't think we have the right GM/coach to take us anywhere.
And noone has talked about "blowing up" the team. Just that it's perhaps not the right balance which has been crystal clear when it's time to go to war

NHL playoffs have never made any sense.

Tampa by the numbers played worse against MTL than we did(we both dominated them) and they won in 5.

MTL somehow beats a team like Vegas, should never happen but it does.

CBJ beat an all time powerhouse Lightning team in a sweep.

None of this makes sense.

Reactions: aingefan

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

You realize by saying the team is failing to meet expectations, you truly believe this is an elite team capable of winning the cup?

You can’t blame Dubas when the stars disappear on the playoffs. By the deadline the GMs duties are done and it’s all on the players at that point.

Like @TheDoldrums said, we’ve watched this team miss the playoffs for over a decade with less complaints. At some point this team will break through and it’s entirely a mental hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad