Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Max Domi signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $3M)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Is it really better then last year I don’t think so

I would say that it is considerably better than last year.

For the first time in at least a decade the Maple Leafs are going to be difficult to play against and actually have the kind of players that can wear down an opponent in a playoff series and make them hear footsteps.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
And he can get one after an entire year off to get his body right. Argue it all you want it’s been done before and if need be will be
done again.
And on your other point about lupul him and Murray were both of similar age when lupul was shelved

Lupul was 3 years older. If Murray still wants to play he will be moved not LTIR.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I would say that it is considerably better than last year.

For the first time in at least a decade the Maple Leafs are going to be difficult to play against and actually have the kind of players that can wear down an opponent in a playoff series and make them hear footsteps.
They just did that with ROR lafferty acciari last deadline lol. Domi isn’t gonna wear anyone down bertuzzi ya. Reaves will see minimal ice time once playoffs come around anyways I don’t buy what your saying

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Lupul was 3 years older. If Murray still wants to play he will be moved not LTIR.
Lupul wanted to play still too. He fought against them putting him on LTIR, but he wasn't able to win the fight. He probably was pretty unhealthy and he finally saw he wouldn't be able to win.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Is it really better then last year I don’t think so

Pretty much a switcharoo from where I stand.

Idk what Leaf fans expect from Domi, I really liked him in Montreal, but he's a skilled playmaker, not much of a "bite" guy. He'll yap a lot...

And then, is offense really the Leafs probelm? They still dont have a dependable 1A or 1B, they didnt improve at defense, and if Reaves play any games theyve worsened their bottom 6.

And what happens next year with Matthews, Nylander, Domi, Bertuzzi, Brodie, Klingberg, Giordano all needing new contracts?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You want to see a league already jammed up by the cap become broken? Make players on long term injury count against the cap. The league would grind to a stop. Nobody actually wants that lol

Or would teams adjust and not sign ridiculous long-term contracts that jam them up? It's a loophole, and everyone exploits it now. Odds on Mark Stone just be ready in time for playoffs again?

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Crazy, his 7th team by age 28.

That surely means something. Really strange move by the Leafs to bring in a bunch of knuckleheads after rumours that the lockeroom environment is poor. Maybe two wrongs will make a right?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Or would teams adjust and not sign ridiculous long-term contracts that jam them up? It's a loophole, and everyone exploits it now. Odds on Mark Stone just be ready in time for playoffs again?
No it would jam the entire league up. Player movement would grind to a stop and trades would become even harder to accomplish then they already are. It would be awful for the league. A somewhat realistic change would be making teams be cap compliant in the playoffs. They are never....ever going to get rid of IR or LTIR in season. Ever.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
This is only possible because the Cap is increasing by 10% in 2 years. Smart players are signing short term. It does have a small risk of injury though.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I agree with the top part, but I think you might be surprised. Kucherov, for instance, was always a BIT of a prxxk, but he didn't become full-on psycho until the entire team developed an edge. If the attitude in the locker room is "we're going to war tonight," I think it can rub off.

Regardless, to me, there's no doubt that this Leafs team is miles scarier than the one we played a couple of months ago. I feel like their loss to Florida was very predictable, and they only got by TB because Vasy didn't wake up until it was too late. But Bertuzzi and Domi means, win or lose, nobody's gonna enjoy playing the Leafs, and that means something.
I hope you’re right, this team has disappointed often so I’m pretty pessimistic about the outlook of the core. It’s tough to see imagine someone like Marner developing a psycho side to his game

But we have definitely become tougher to play against, kudos to Treliving for finding these guys and signing them to very reasonable deals. Feels like every series against Boston or TB the opponent had these kinds of players so it’s nice to finally have them on our side

Pretty much a switcharoo from where I stand.

Idk what Leaf fans expect from Domi, I really liked him in Montreal, but he's a skilled playmaker, not much of a "bite" guy. He'll yap a lot...

And then, is offense really the Leafs probelm? They still dont have a dependable 1A or 1B, they didnt improve at defense, and if Reaves play any games theyve worsened their bottom 6.

And what happens next year with Matthews, Nylander, Domi, Bertuzzi, Brodie, Klingberg, Giordano all needing new contracts?
Leafs need a player like Domi in their bottom 6. A speedy, skilled playmaker with the occasional dirty play is an aspect we’ve lacked

And yes, offense is the Leafs problem. We scored 14 goals in our final 7 playoff games while the defense did fine. Can the defensive core be improved? I think so, but the offense badly needed middle class scoring and we now have that with Bert + Domi

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope you’re right, this team has disappointed often so I’m pretty pessimistic about the outlook of the core. It’s tough to see imagine someone like Marner developing a psycho side to his game

But we have definitely become tougher to play against, kudos to Treliving for finding these guys and signing them to very reasonable deals. Feels like every series against Boston or TB the opponent had these kinds of players so it’s nice to finally have them on our side

Leafs need a player like Domi in their bottom 6. A speedy, skilled playmaker with the occasional dirty play is an aspect we’ve lacked

And yes, offense is the Leafs problem. We scored 14 goals in our final 7 playoff games while the defense did fine. Can the defensive core be improved? I think so, but the offense badly needed middle class scoring and we now have that with Bert + Domi
The offense just needs more dirt in the skill. Grit equals offense in the playoffs.

Reactions: leafsfan5

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I've never met a Domi,

I walked by Tie one day in Toronto, there was no one else on the street and it was Bay St., weird. I think he was probably on his way to his cellphone gig or whatever was going on back then.

I could have said something to him, anything, but just walked on by.

But in my head I was thinking "damn, he really is short. I really want to tell him thanks for the Neidermyer elbow"

I guess I have to start liking the Domi's again? They just seem like pricks, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad