Proposal: [TOR/EDM/VAN] Canadian 3-Way Deal

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
meh, I don't like it but maybe getting out of Lucic's deal makes it worth it.

Can't we just figure out some LTIR shenanigans?

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
It's good for Vancouver except Lucic.They just signed Beagle and Roussel for leadership and toughness but other than that it's okay.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Vancouver should be all over this!

I could see Toronto making a deal as such as this one, that is a short term fix on defense rather than trading one of the young guys up front.

Not sure I see the urgency for Edmonton to do this.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If you could convince me that Lucic had any interest in returning to Vancouver I'd say this deal is awesome for all 3 teams.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sure thing man.
There's literally nothing Baertschi does that Lucic doesn't do better except for skate. Baertschi is probably one of the most vanilla players in the NHL while Lucic is still one of the most physical while providing superior offense each and every year.

Last edited:

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
No way in hell EDM does that, too steep a price for getting rid of Lucic. Sven isn't good enough of a winger coming back. Also EDM would be loathe to sell low on Lucic. They'll be doing everything in their power to put him in a spot to succeed and get productive again. Pump and dump!

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
There's literally nothing Baertschi does that Lucic doesn't do better except for skate. Baertschi is probably one of the most vanilla players in the NHL while Lucic is still one of the most physical while providing superior offense each and ever year.
"Except for Skate" LMFAO.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No way in hell EDM does that, too steep a price for getting rid of Lucic. Sven isn't good enough of a winger coming back. Also EDM would be loathe to sell low on Lucic. They'll be doing everything in their power to put him in a spot to succeed and get productive again. Pump and dump!
Baertschi makes half of what Lucic makes, is younger, and arguably better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Huh? We're getting two late firsts and an AWFUL contract for a top pairing Shutdown RHD and a top 9 (top line with us) winger. We're not ending up with "so so much".

With Tanev's history of injuries and general overratedness, getting Lucic straight across is about as fine a hockey deal as you should expect. The first rounders are so extra you don't even know.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
With Tanev's history of injuries and general overratedness, getting Lucic straight across is about as fine a hockey deal as you should expect. The first rounders are so extra you don't even know.
Are you ****** serious????

Chris Tanev>>>>>>>>>>>Milan Lucic....one is a top pairing dman with a good contract and the former is a grossly overpaid aging powerforward. Wtf??

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are you ****** serious????

Chris Tanev>>>>>>>>>>>Milan Lucic....one is a top pairing dman with a good contract and the former is a grossly overpaid aging powerforward. Wtf??
Both your players are made of glass and miss lots of games per year.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Huh
That's some reaaaaallly interesting thoughts.

Liljegren got better as thw year went on?
Is that why he scored a goal in October hen never again? Or why his playoff performance was pitiful?
Youngest player in AHL. Development was really good

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Well thought out and good value for all teams. Make the Oilers pick top 10 protected and it's perfect. We could then sign Maroon.

Nuge-Mcdavid-Yamo
Maroon-Drai-Baertschi
Rieder-Strome-Pulju
Khaira-Brodziak-Aberg

Looks good to me.

Looks marginal to me.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The tanev deal is decent.

the lucic deal is awful for the canucks. Edmonton can just keep him for the next 5 years. That NMC at the 2021 expansion draft... DNW.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No thanks on Lucic and a 1st for Baertchi. Pretty sure Lucic will be better than Baertchi next year.

Toast97

Jul 30, 2014
That Leafs 1st would have to be conditional on Tanev playing at least 72 games and the Leafs making the playoffs. If not, then it becomes a 2nd. If Tanev is over his injury problems then that shouldn't be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad