Proposal: [TOR/EDM/VAN] Canadian 3-Way Deal

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Make the Oilers pick top 8 protected, and I'd consider, but unprotected? No way. IMO Oilers could do better than Sven Baertschi if they put their 1st on the table w/Lucic. Islanders would beat that.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
To me it helps all the teams. Lucic is moved, oilers get a serviceable top 6 guy. Vancouver gets two firsts plus a serviceable young dman. Leafs get a solid rhd but has injury history but we have to give to get.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
:edmonton
Recieves: Sven Baertschi
Trades: Milan Lucic, 2019 1st

:leafs
Recieves: Christopher Tanev
Trades: 2019 1st, Connor Carrick

:nucks

Recieves: 2 x 2019 1st, Milan Lucic, Connor Carrick
Trades: Chris Tanev, Sven Baertschi
I will speak only to the Leafs part....done deal.

Reactions: OmniCube

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Dont want glass Tanev. Why do a lot of leaf fans (I'm one) want lupul 2.0. Made of glass.
As a Leafa fan who wants Tanev, i will answer that. Because he would be a great partner for Rielly, and won't cost a core piece to acquire. Add to that 2 more years a 4.5....sign me up.

Reactions: OmniCube

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think the Leafs add Kapanen, Canucks retain 35% of Tanev, giving him a cap hit just under $3 million. More or less the same hit as Martin

member 157595

As a Leafa fan who wants Tanev, i will answer that. Because he would be a great partner for Rielly, and won't cost a core piece to acquire. Add to that 2 more years a 4.5....sign me up.

Amen. Adding Tanev at the cost of Carrick and a mystery box to the team as it stands today...we'd have a chance against any team in the league.

Reactions: Liferleafer

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

You're not getting it man. He is hurt all the time...what good is it to have a guy who cant play. Way too many injuries in addition cost therefore on that proposal is too high. We shall see but I'm betting we get De Haan..unless hes greedy or JT tells dubas something he didnt know prior.

I'm actually fine with or D right now.

Rielly stud
Jake...say what you want stats dont lie
Zaits needs to return to 1st season form
Hainsey great leader though fell off in playoffs
Dermott is a Diamond was our best D in post season

Possible Marlie grass

Holl
Borgman
Lily

Dont forget Lily there..he only got better as the yr went still a lot to learn
I'll go and say he makes the AHL look like a joke this year.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Well thought out and good value for all teams. Make the Oilers pick top 10 protected and it's perfect. We could then sign Maroon.

Nuge-Mcdavid-Yamo
Maroon-Drai-Baertschi
Rieder-Strome-Pulju
Khaira-Brodziak-Aberg

Looks good to me.

member 157595

I like it but I suspect that Dubas would see it as an overpayment.

I hope not. I'm all for picks and prospects, but a (hopefully very) late 1st and Connor Carrick is a small price to pay for Tanev with 2 years remaining on a cheap contract. Definitely wouldn't move Lil though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad