Proposal: TOR-COL

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Ghetto is a pretty good offensive player for a top 9 but that's not exactly what Tor needs right now. Hyman has good chemistry with guys on that lineup and overall I just don't see the goal of this trade. The Avs on the other hand need all the depth scoring they can get for the time being so I'd doubt it would happen but mostly because I don't get the overall idea.

Reactions: uncleben

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Hyman is a toronto boy, tries his hardest every shift. 33 even strength points and 40 points last year albeit with matthews.

I wouldn't trade the guy unless again an overpayment. Why move him for anything not crazy worth it. Same with Downtown Cbrown toronto born boy tries his hardest every shift.

Not every leafs player needs to be a high skilled player we have tons of them. We need Energy and Determination from our other lower players.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Leafs can't even fit both Kapanen and Johnsson in their top-9 so where is Andrighetto going to go? If you trade Hyman, the lineup probably looks like this:

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Kapanen-Kadri-Brown

Andrighetto would be on the Leafs 4th line while taking a winger off Matthews's 1st line. You want to downgrade that for the sake of an extra 3rd rounder?

Reactions: uncleben

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Wonder if EJ is available...

He would be a perfect addition for the Leafs and would provide leadership along with much needed skill. Problem is the AVs actually need him more the Leafs. There are also Cap Issues in fitting his deal, so unless a player such as Marner + Cap Dump, I doubt either team would be interested.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He would be a perfect addition for the Leafs and would provide leadership along with much needed skill. Problem is the AVs actually need him more the Leafs. There are also Cap Issues in fitting his deal, so unless a player such as Marner + Cap Dump, I doubt either team would be interested.
I think the Leafs would be able to fit his 6 million cap as he would take up that #1RD slot.

Don't think they would deal Marner either due to EJ's injury struggles.

Fair enough though that Avs aren't looking to move him.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Wonder if EJ is available...

Not right now. If Timmins and Makar are both ready for the NHL sooner rather than later, and Barrie signs an extension next off-season, it's possible that EJ could be available ahead of the Seattle expansion draft, since they'll probably elect to protect Barrie, Zadorov and Girard.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yeh that would be an easy no from the Leafs.
If Toronto ever did trade Marner, it would be for a younger dman with a higher ceiling and a lot less miles on the body.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I doubt any team values Hyman as much as Babcock does. Dubas and Babcock are going to argue at times on roster construction, but dealing Zach is like a declaration of war against the coach.

I wonder if the bolded is actually true. You see statements like that all the time when discussing grinder style players like hyman and pageau. I feel like most GM's would realize what these type of players bring to the game even if they're not on their teams.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I wonder if the bolded is actually true. You see statements like that all the time when discussing grinder style players like hyman and pageau. I feel like most GM's would realize what these type of players bring to the game even if they're not on their teams.

Most grinders don't consistently play on the teams top line. The comment was more about how Babcock's usage of him is likely far and beyond how most teams would deploy Hyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad