Proposal: TOR-COL

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I doubt any team values Hyman as much as Babcock does. Dubas and Babcock are going to argue at times on roster construction, but dealing Zach is like a declaration of war against the coach.

Dubas loves Hyman. He was a big fan of Hyman and Holl.

Babcock seems to agree.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah you don't watch EJ at all lmao. EJ was literally a #1 d on a team that made the playoffs last season. If you're gonna tell Avs fans what EJ is or isn't, you better have some actual data to back up your claims.
he plays top pairing minutes/QoC (although not extremely hard) and is a good goal scorer. All of his other results are mediocre though. to me that says he can handle top minutes, but he doesn't excel whatsoever. Good #2 guy

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
he plays top pairing minutes/QoC (although not extremely hard) and is a good goal scorer. All of his other results are mediocre though. to me that says he can handle top minutes, but he doesn't excel whatsoever. Good #2 guy

To be fair, he loses a lot of usual 1D scoring opportunities because the Avs have Barrie, one of the premier offensive D in the NHL, and EJ's mostly been expected to handle the lion's share of the heavy defensive lifting for the Avs. Skews his offensive numbers down a bit. I don't really disagree with calling him a good #2, just pointing out that some of his lower numbers are due to usage.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He would be a perfect addition for the Leafs and would provide leadership along with much needed skill. Problem is the AVs actually need him more the Leafs. There are also Cap Issues in fitting his deal, so unless a player such as Marner + Cap Dump, I doubt either team would be interested.

Marner? the only name that would get the leafs talking marner is mackinnon. yeah...lol

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Marner? the only name that would get the leafs talking marner is mackinnon. yeah...lol

You make Leaf fans look stupid believing Marner can get Mackinnon. Matthews maybe, but if you want EJ the Leafs need to offer a better return.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
He would be a perfect addition for the Leafs and would provide leadership along with much needed skill. Problem is the AVs actually need him more the Leafs. There are also Cap Issues in fitting his deal, so unless a player such as Marner + Cap Dump, I doubt either team would be interested.

Gee I thought you'd be through the concussion protocol by now, obviously you need a lot more time in the quiet room:nod:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Am I the only Leafs fan that would very easily do this? Do people realize how much of a steal this js? AND we get a 3rd?

Hyman's a fantastic off-ice guy and hard-worker on the ice, but Andrighetto is so underrated because of his low point totals. He's a line-driver, great in the possession game, etc. If he played beside Matthews or Tavares or Kadri I guarantee you see 40-50 points minimum. He's also younger than Hyman. He's basically a developed Johnsson (But playing for MTL and Avs really hurts how people view you). Would you trade Johnsson + 3rd for Hyman?

Andrighetto - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
xxx - xxx - Brown

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado

He plays top pairing/qoc minutes in the toughest division in the league and you suggest they're easy minutes lmao.

Reactions: Patagonia

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
"Not extremely hard" suggests that he doesn't play against truly top competition when that's exactly what he does. In no way am I suggesting EJ is a top 10 defenseman but to call him a #2 guy is a disservice. Your own argument even suggests that he's in fact a mid range #1 guy.
he does play true top pairing minutes. he doesn't really stand out in a good or bad way while doing it though. If you think that makes him a #1 guy that's fine, but I disagree

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
he does play true top pairing minutes. he doesn't really stand out in a good or bad way while doing it though. If you think that makes him a #1 guy that's fine, but I disagree

This all depends on what your definition of a number one defenseman is. If your argument is that EJ is not one of the top 31 D in the league, then you're wrong, it's fine though, that's your opinion. You just have numbers against you.

If your definition of a #1 D is the elite of the elite, then yeah I'll agree since I think there's less than 10 of those in the league going by that criteria.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeh that would be an easy no from the Leafs.
If Toronto ever did trade Marner, it would be for a younger dman with a higher ceiling and a lot less miles on the body.

Like... ?

Because none of the young, talented, potential #1 RHD are available for a winger.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Gee I thought you'd be through the concussion protocol by now, obviously you need a lot more time in the quiet room:nod:

Leaf fans must have so many head banging moments after another season without a Stanley Cup; so to joke about Concussions seems inappropriate.

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

EJ plays in the toughest division in hockey. TOI is nearly 50% higher than the next closest AV and among the highest in the league. He has tremendous leadership, offensive, speed and size, while asked to play the toughest and crucial moments. Depending on your criteria of a true 1D, he is at least a solid 2D.

He is better than any current Leaf DMan and would perfectly partner with young Reilly.

Not trying to get into a pissing match with Leaf fans, the question is the AVs willing to trade him and at what price is the Leafs willing to pay. I personally don't believe EJ will be available unless someone like Marner (doubt he would be available) which fills a hole, but opens another for the AVs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad