Proposal: Tor - Buffalo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For me, it isn't that ROR wouldn't be a great add, he would. It's just center isn't the biggest need in Toronto.

Yep, I'm not sure why the Leafs would spend trade capital on a position that they have in both depth and relative affordability (that Kadri contract is sweet, sweet music) when the places to patch are on the blueline.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
How about something along the line of:

Nylander, Dermott and the 1st (and a cap dump like Hainsey?)
for
Leddy, Cizikas, Ho-Sang and a #2.

You get a replacement for Bozak and a 2/3 defenseman (I don't classify Leddy as a #1 but last year was an aberration due to the injuries on the back line), plus a good wing prospect, while we get some protection for not signing JT, plus a good D prospect. We get back into the first round late to get someone like Alexeyev or Sandin on defense.
Very easy pass for this Leafs fan. Dermott shouldn't be traded, and Hainsey isn't a cap dump. My hope still lies with trading for Tanev and running:

Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Liljegren

Carrick/Borgman/Holl

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yep, I'm not sure why the Leafs would spend trade capital on a position that they have in both depth and relative affordability (that Kadri contract is sweet, sweet music) when the places to patch are on the blueline.
Bingo.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Ror plays all 3 forward positions. He is literally a every situation type player. Nylander is a winger "with the ability to play center". Aka drafted as a center but will be a winger. Looks like Sam Reinhart is in the same boat. But that is where RoRs value comes over the younger Nylander. Swap teams and you wouldnt see Nylander crack 60 points.

Reactions: sufferer

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
How about something along the line of:

Nylander, Dermott and the 1st (and a cap dump like Hainsey?)
for
Leddy, Cizikas, Ho-Sang and a #2.

You get a replacement for Bozak and a 2/3 defenseman (I don't classify Leddy as a #1 but last year was an aberration due to the injuries on the back line), plus a good wing prospect, while we get some protection for not signing JT, plus a good D prospect. We get back into the first round late to get someone like Alexeyev or Sandin on defense.
Haha, I think you're making a joke...but at the same time I'm worried you're not. :laugh:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
And my point from before remains - the Leafs need to spend trade capital on their defense, not on centers.

Yes, it probably doesn't make sense from their POV. But if it were offered to Buffalo, personally, I'd take it and run.

I think it's important that this core gets rebuilt in an image of speed/skill, so this would make me very happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad