Proposal: Tor - Buffalo

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I like to keep my proposals reasonably simple and straight to the point.

Toronto:

William Nylander
1st 2018
possibly another minor piece

Buffalo:

O'Reilly, Ryan

Discuss.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Groundhogs day....

Start with you Morgan Rielly....
Toronto does this trade to stay competative. Trading Rielly takes a team weakness and makes it crippling.

This is still a very good piece going to Buffalo, maybe not defense but Nylander is still an amazing player and a bluechip piece.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Toronto does this trade to stay competative. Trading Rielly takes a team weakness and makes it crippling.

This is still a very good piece going to Buffalo, maybe not defense but Nylander is still an amazing player and a bluechip piece.
So keep him. Buffalo has the same holes as Toronto. I'm afraid there's no trade to be made.

Reactions: Leafs1993

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
So keep him. Buffalo has the same holes as Toronto. I'm afraid there's no trade to be made.
Buffalo also bottomed out and is drafting first overall.

A lower first, a tasty extra piece, and a legit first line nhl player that you can lock up for 8 years? (I think 8).

Its a downgrade now, but its a huge upgrade long term which is what you guys need right now.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
hard pass on Nylander straight up for O'Rielly. ROR's a very good player, center isn't a position of need for the Leafs...especially with the really good chance that Nylander is a capable center being that he's played very well there in a not insignificant amount of time, and Nylander is younger, cheaper and has the benefit of being as offensively productive of a player as ROR going into his 22yo season. Leafs wait and see what they have rather than steering into the cap trouble iceberg while shortening their compete window by acquiring ROR

"to stay competitive" seems like a weird motive for a team that's 2 years removed from finishing last, having made the playoffs in both the following years and finishing in the top half of the conference this year with a team built around a core of guys who are under 25

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
My thoughts overall were that Toronto could load up on their top6 with a veteran #1 centerman behind a generational player in matthews.

Toronto hopes that Nylander will become a Centerman and this skips the transitional period. Toronto pays a bit more then what Nylander is expected to get (6.5m~) and the player is still young, in his prime, and above all proven. A 1-2-3 of AM-ROR-Kadri is deeep.

For Buffalo, with the current situation being poor and catching some high draft picks this is a great chance to recoup some quality picks/prospects while getting a quality bluechip nhl proven player in exchange. This is not a 4 quarters for a dollar deal. Great chance to get a choice pair of prospects and a quality top6 player.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wait Nylander, 1st, + for 7.5 mil for a 2C that has put up the exact same amount of pts as kadri the last 2 years?

no

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I like to keep my proposals reasonably simple and straight to the point.

Toronto:

William Nylander
1st 2018
possibly another minor piece

Buffalo:

O'Reilly, Ryan

Discuss.

I can only assume you're joking.
Mission accomplished because I laughed!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
My thoughts overall were that Toronto could load up on their top6 with a veteran #1 centerman behind a generational player in matthews.

Toronto hopes that Nylander will become a Centerman and this skips the transitional period. Toronto pays a bit more then what Nylander is expected to get (6.5m~) and the player is still young, in his prime, and above all proven. A 1-2-3 of AM-ROR-Kadri is deeep.

For Buffalo, with the current situation being poor and catching some high draft picks this is a great chance to recoup some quality picks/prospects while getting a quality bluechip nhl proven player in exchange. This is not a 4 quarters for a dollar deal. Great chance to get a choice pair of prospects and a quality top6 player.
No.

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
We would never get good value trading Nylander, Marner, or Matthews.

If you’re willing to trade Nylander, you should be willing to trade Marner

It’s truly remarkable that Peter Chiarelli has been employed as a GM for as long as he has been
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/f.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/e.png

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Ryan O'Reilly is a top 20 forward in the league.
Where to start...?

1. No one cares about unquantifiedable ranks. They mean nothing.

2. But since youre claiming he is....according to the first list Google provides, he is in fact not a top 20 center #NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers

3. The premise is horrible for Toronto in terms of value AND need and they'd have to stifle their laughter to respond to GMJE's call with a polite 'No, thanks'

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Where to start...?

1. No one cares about unquantifiedable ranks. They mean nothing.

2. But since youre claiming he is....according to the first list Google provides, he is in fact not a top 20 center #NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers

3. The premise is horrible for Toronto in terms of value AND need and they'd have to stifle their laughter to respond to GMJE's call with a polite 'No, thanks'
I don't care about lists made by "experts." Every time someone makes a statistical model to determine a player's value, ROR is right up there. GAR models have him around 15, Berkshire had him 8th among centers before this season on his list. Those are not some subjective ranks like what you linked.

And if the premise is horrible for Toronto... it's worse for Buffalo still.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad