Eklund Rumor: TOR and VAN in a dogfight for Hanifin

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
[mod]

There is so much wrong with just that one article

He is basically proposing that the Blackhawks are going to send Crawford to the Island, and flip Toews for Schneider+.

The Islanders want to trade for a goalie who has vertigo-like symptoms? What do they realistically move?

Toews to NJD would make sense as it gives them a 1-2, but if they lose Schneider their goaltending becomes weak, and they have a LOT of cap tied up in Toews --- so that is where it stops making sense to me.

"It is possible I am told that JvR stays and Phil Kessel is moved on" --- wait what? The likelihood of JVR resigning is minimal, and why would Pittsburgh trade Phil Kessel with the cap hit he carries?

"I am told the Winnipeg Jets are Hot and Heavy for Domi and I just found out they tried to grab Max at the deadline. The Sabres have also expressed some interest.." No shit people are asking about Max Domi, but I highly doubt Winnipeg buys in --- the pieces Arizona would want back are all just better pieces than Domi, and Buffalo does make sense but so do many other teams

"The Oilers are having "high level discussions" regarding Klefbom and the Anaheim Ducks...no word on any possible return yet..." Yeah because the Ducks of ALL TEAMS want to trade for a left-handed D-Man ... lmfao

The Hanifin (so to OP) shit is the best.

Why would Toronto bid an arm and a leg for a LD, when they already have Morgan. Don't get me wrong, Hanifin is great and I'm sure the Leafs would love to have him, but their most pressing need is on the opposite side of the ice. Vancouver absolutely makes sense, but if Hanifin was really up for sale, the Habs would be all over it as well --- they need an LD more than any other team in the league, and his value in the bleu blanc et rouge would skyrocket, because he would get to be mentored by Shea Weber, and he would join a young(ish) core of Drouin/Galchenyuk/Zadina/Mete/Juulsen/Gallagher

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
If Hanifin was available cheap for some crazy reason there would be a hell of a lot more than two teams “in a dogfight” for him.
Cheap is a relative term I suppose but ya that doesn't effect Toronto only being interested in Hanifin if he is sold for cheaper than what he is probably worth.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
being interested in Hanifin if he is sold for cheaper than what he is probably worth.

Well, he is at the most worth Nylander 1:1.

As a neutral middle-party, I would likely say something around Hanifin + Faulk for Toronto's 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, Kasperi Kapanen and Liljegren.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Well, he is at the most worth Nylander 1:1.

As a neutral middle-party, I would likely say something around Hanifin + Faulk for Toronto's 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, Kasperi Kapanen and Liljegren.

Carolina is not rebuilding and selling off our good, young players for picks and prospects.

I’m not sure why so many people offer these kinds of returns. Not every team out of the playoffs needs to be blown up.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If Hanifin was available cheap for some crazy reason there would be a hell of a lot more than two teams “in a dogfight” for him.

Clearly Eklund means “dogfight” as in Toronto and Vancouver are the only two mangy muts left fighting over a scrap of rotting meat. Obviously both teams would only be interested for a pennies-on-the-dollar move.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
And the canes don’t need to trade an nhl defenseman for a lottery ticket that might never play an NHL game.
I agree however I'm assuming the Canes would want more then just the 7th pick thats why they would ever entertain the deal. However even without adding the Canucks should not even consider trading the pick as they need young talent and Hanifin will be looking at a big contract soon. I'd rather have a player with more control in the pick and as much potential. Not knocking Hanifin he's a great player but were not in position to be giving up assets we need as many players with potential as possible we have too many holes as of now.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Been awhile but Eklund always brings a laugh. Pretty sure Leafs have been hot and heavy for a RHD not a left this guy is solid gold for entertainment. Canucks are in no position to be bidding for a player with so many holes we'll pass.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad