Eklund Rumor: TOR and VAN in a dogfight for Hanifin

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd consider Hanifin for DeBrusk, but my guess is that most fans from both fan bases wouldn't. Bruins fans would want to offer guys like Krug, or Heinen or Bjork, or Zboril which isn't of interest to Carolina in a deal for Hanifin. Most Canes fans wouldn't move Hanifin for DeBrusk as they'd want more, so around and around we go.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
It's been discussed before.

Main issue is the lack of assets of the right value range for the Bruins to offer.

Canes don't need picks at this point of their rebuild, probably have little interest in a package of lesser similar-value assets, and I can't see Bruins doing a "Hanifin plus a lot for Pasta"...which is probably what Carolina would be asking from Boston.

I'd consider Hanifin for DeBrusk, but my guess is that most fans from both fan bases wouldn't. Bruins fans would want to offer guys like Krug, or Heinen or Bjork, or Zboril which isn't of interest to Carolina in a deal for Hanifin. Most Canes fans wouldn't move Hanifin for DeBrusk as they'd want more, so around and around we go.

Pastrnak is not going anywhere, and certainly not as part of a deal for Hanifin. In any event, Carolina would have to add a lot in such a trade.

I think that Debrusk is highly regarded by Boston, especially after his great performance in the playoffs and his burgeoning leadership qualities. While that may actually be a fair one-for-one deal, I think that you are right that neither team would pull the trigger. Still, I expect Sweeney to put in some kind of offer for Hanifin.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Yup.

Essentially, the issue is everything the Bruins have to offer is too little, too old, or way too much. It's a "Goldilocks" problem.

If we trade Hanifin, Boston is someplace I'd expect him to end up...I just can't see the deal that makes sense presently.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
If Tkachuk falls to 7, would Vancouver do Tkachuk + Hutton for Hanifin?
Depends what defenceman is available still. If all three of Bouchard, Dobson and Hughes are gone I'd think about it but probably just take Tkachuk or Wahlstrom at that point.

As for Hutton, would you be interested in him pending a separate Hanifin trade? What would you offer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad