Proposal: Tor-Ana Nylander for Montour swap

Fair Trade? Nylander for Montour. Top 6 center for top 4 RHD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Top 6 Center for Top 4 RHD that is mandatory in this league,

Is Nylander a center though? I know they want him to be eventually, but atm he's mostly a winger

I’d do this but instead build the package around Kapanen, 1st for Montour

I can't imagine why the Ducks would be interested in trading a top 4 RHD for a bottom 6 winger and a low first

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’d do this but instead build the package around Kapanen, 1st for Montour

That solves absolutely no needs for the ducks. We need a cost controlled centerman whos young. Nylander fits the bill and will likely be a long term Duck while we give you a long term leaf in Montour. You’ve read from the mod. Montour isn’t a slouch mate.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I dont think so, man, Montour wouldn't get it done. Don Cherry really wanted Ritchie over Nylander, and in honor of the old man as he enters his last few years, I think we should grant him that wish. Its just the right thing to do, guys.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nylander is a winger not a center.

If someone wants Nylander to be their centre, they'll have to take the risk at this point. St.Louis did with Schenn and it worked out. Reality is with Matthews, Tavares and Kadri playing centre, Nylander will not get much of a look as a centre.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If someone wants Nylander to be their centre, they'll have to take the risk at this point. St.Louis did with Schenn and it worked out. Reality is with Matthews, Tavares and Kadri playing centre, Nylander will not get much of a look as a centre.

He played center when Bozak was injured last year if I recall.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He played center when Bozak was injured last year if I recall.

Yeah he did, he also played centre at the very beginning of his NHL career too. He's around a PT/Game when playing centre in limited sample sizes. Face off % is good too, probably would just need like 10-20 games to get used to being a centre full time.

We like him a lot though and I would definitely not do a trade with Montour as a centre piece.

lol.

the best part of this thread is that hfboards actually thinks leafs fans are the delusional ones.

Said it in a previous post, if Anaheim is asking about Nylander, then Manson or Lindholm's name needs to come up for Toronto to stay on the phone, otherwise it's a no go.

Reactions: biotk

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
He does play center. He’s versatile and why I even offered Montour for a fair swap. He’s played center when Bozak went down last year.

If we wanted an unproven center that's better at wing why not just move Rakell back to C in the short term instead of trading Montour off for a maybe that's about to be very expensive?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He is a winger. Playing a few games at center doesn't make you a proven NHL centerman.

Ahhh that’s where we disagree. You haven’t seen much of Nylander. The reason why leaf fans don’t want to trade em as much as we don’t want to trade Montour is because of the versatility.

Montour can be used in PK to PP and score goals as a top 4 RHD. Nylander can easily transition to center from left wing and be a scoring threat. Trust me I didn’t post this proposal without doing my homework;)

Nylander is also a Swede that Murray loves to death.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If we wanted an unproven center that's better at wing why not just move Rakell back to C in the short term instead of trading Montour off for a maybe that's about to be very expensive?

Because you don’t move your leading goal scorer to second line duties behind Getzlaf. He’s made those numbers because of Getzlaf.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ahhh that’s where we disagree. You haven’t seen much of Nylander. The reason why leaf fans don’t want to trade em as much as we don’t want to trade Montour is because of the versatility.

Montour can be used in PK to PP and score goals as a top 4 RHD. Nylander can easily transition to center from left wing and be a scoring threat. Trust me I didn’t post this proposal without doing my homework;)

Nylander is also a Swede that Murray loves to death.

How is a handful of games playing at center make him proven?

Reactions: Spazkat

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
lol.

the best part of this thread is that hfboards actually thinks leafs fans are the delusional ones.

The best part of this thread is the people who continually de-value young defenseman that thrive in top-4 minutes with potential to boot.

These are assets that cannot be purchased without an overpayment. You either develop them yourself or pay the entry fee just to play.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Montour would be a good start in a deal for Nylander but Ducks would likely need to add a piece for any potential trade to work.

Also I don’t like Nylander nearly as much in the middle. If the Ducks were to acquire him it would likely be to play RW, not C.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He does play center. He’s versatile and why I even offered Montour for a fair swap. He’s played center when Bozak went down last year.

He’s as much of a centre as Rakell is. He can and has played in the middle but he’s far better on the wing.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The best part of this thread is the people who continually de-value young defenseman that thrive in top-4 minutes with potential to boot.

These are assets that cannot be purchased without an overpayment. You either develop them yourself or pay the entry fee just to play.

I liked this. Luckily I have people backing this trade proposal being fair value. Anyone who watches hockey knows how valuable top 4 RHD entering prime era of careers are. Thanks for the post we both agree on that front. It’s just silly reading some of this stuff.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Is Nylander a center though? I know they want him to be eventually, but atm he's mostly a winger

He's played center his entire career before the NHL including AHL and SHL so he's got the experience there. He did some spot duty there last year and did pretty well, some great games some bad ones. More subjectively, his playstyle suits the centre ice well as he's a great at being creative with his zone entries and benefits from the extra space the middle of the ice allows. With Tavares signing 7 years though, I don't think he'll ever get the opportunity in Toronto.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Does Nylander even move the needle up front for y'all? I think he'd be more of a bandaid and I think teams are usually better off focusing on their strengths.

Definitely. We have no solidified bottom 6 center. I know you quoted someone else, but Nylander would give our bottom 6? scoring and points. We also give Toronto a bonafide shut down RHD versatile Defenseman who absolutely kills it on the power play. Look at Montours numbers. His numbers speak for em self.

This is a decent swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad