Proposal: Tor-Ana Nylander for Montour swap

Fair Trade? Nylander for Montour. Top 6 center for top 4 RHD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Both teams can benefit from each other. Both teams have needs for both players. Im curious on opinions and wanting a HF board generalization of fair trade.

Top 6 Center for Top 4 RHD that is mandatory in this league,

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Toronto isn’t trading Nylander or Marner and how is this close to fair? This screams Hall-Larson 2.0.

We aren’t that desperate to get a d man

Boards say otherwise? Leaf fans keep making proposals for other teams RHD. I just saw one of y’all ask for dumba in a new proposal. This is a fair trade and a fair swap.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I actually thought this was close to a fair trade, I guess we'll see what Nylander signs for though before declaring one >>> the other.

Reactions: LiveLaughDucks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO depending on Nylander's contract, Anaheim adds something else to even out the value.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I actually thought this was close to a fair trade, I guess we'll see what Nylander signs for though before declaring one >>> the other.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Finally someone posts who isn’t biased and over gloating about prospects and potential.

Reactions: Narwian

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Thank you. I appreciate it. Finally someone posts who isn’t biased and over gloating about prospects and potential.

salty much?

so the 80+ % voting are biased, but the one guy who agrees with you isn't? bye now

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

RHD are a premium and Montour is a solid guy that will be entering his prime soon. That said centers are also a premium so the last determining factor for me will be their contracts.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Not a TOR fan, and I think they tend to overrate Nylander, but in this case, they are right to say no. Maybe not the horrendous overpayment they think it is, but is is lopsided enough to say no to.

Reactions: Aspirine and Halla

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
salty much?

so the 80+ % voting are biased, but the one guy who agrees with you isn't? bye now

Anaheim was the team that knocked us out of the playoffs and is a team that I frankly do not like so yeah I'm biased alright.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Anaheim was the team that knocked us out of the playoffs and is a team that I frankly do not like so yeah I'm biased alright.

didnt say you were. just pointing out the flaw of saying everyone who disagrees with him is biased but the one guy who agrees isn't

i'd love for the leafs to acquire montour. not at the cost of nylander though.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
At current value, I think Nylander-Manson is the closer 1 for 1 swap. It's not a trade I'd do as the ducks without an add from TOR but value in a vacuum, it'd be closer than this.

In a couple years, Montour's value might get there (depending on how much better he and Nylander get) but right now he just doesn't have enough NHL track record to fetch Nylander w/o adding.

Tbh, there's just not a good fit since Manson is the RHD TOR needs but also the RHD ANA can't afford to lose.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
RHD are a premium and Montour is a solid guy that will be entering his prime soon. That said centers are also a premium so the last determining factor for me will be their contracts.

That’s where I was getting at. I really appreciate your post. Top 6 center for top 4 RHD that’s a premium. We know how much top 4 RHD have been costing this year. Look at Ducks transaction regarding Vatanen.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

IMO depending on Nylander's contract, Anaheim adds something else to even out the value.

If Anaheim wants to ask us about Nylander then Manson or Lindholm's names need to come up in the conversation, otherwise it's a strong no.

I also realize that Anaheim isn't in any hurry to trade those 2 players either. I am just trying to give you an idea on the expectation of a return for Nylander would be. We wouldn't want Montour or Montour+ filler for Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad