Top Ten Offensemen (Offensive D-men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
Yet Daley has already played 26 NHL games, while Colaiacovo has played in 4....but Daley is iffy to make the NHL :shakehead

All that tells me is that the Leafs had fewer injuries and more depth on defence.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
All that tells me is that the Leafs had fewer injuries and more depth on defence.

Daley had Zubov, Boucher, Matvichuk, Sweeney, Klemm all ahead of him, and would have made the team straight out of camp if Erskine didn't have to clear waivers...Who did Colaiacovo have ahead of him(Dont include Leetch, he was there for like 13 games)?

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
Daley had Zubov, Boucher, Matvichuk, Sweeney, Klemm all ahead of him, and would have made the team straight out of camp if Erskine didn't have to clear waivers...Who did Colaiacovo have ahead of him(Dont include Leetch, he was there for like 13 games)?

McCabe, Kaberle, Berg, Klee, Marchment, Pilar, Jackman (who couldn't be sent down due to waivers).

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
McCabe, Kaberle, Berg, Klee, Marchment, Pilar, Jackman (who couldn't be sent down due to waivers).

And you say the Leafs had more depth on defense with that?

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
Jackman (who couldn't be sent down due to waivers).

They should have just let him go on waivers if they were going to trade him for Drake Berehowsky. I'd rather have an empty roster spot than Berehowsky.

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
And you say the Leafs had more depth on defense with that?

Yes. Unlike the Stars they weren't blessed with three weak teams in their division.

Oh yeah, and four of them were in the World Cup.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
Yes. Unlike the Stars they weren't blessed with three weak teams in their division.

Lets look at it in comparison:

Zubov-McCabe: Not even close, Zubov my a good mile
Boucher-Kaberle: Pretty close, would give the edge to Kaberle
Matvichuk-Berg: Even a declining Matvichuk is better than Berg
Sweeney-Klee: Basically even
Klemm-Marchment: Another one thats basically even
Erskine-Pilar: Edge to Pilar

Looks to me like Dallas had more depth...and exactly what does the teams in the division have to do with defensive depth?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
MS said:
Colaiacovo's skill level is nowhere near Leetch. .

i appreciate your entire response but in regards to the above, i never said that, i said his physical size was very close if not the same as leetch's

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:

Looks to me like Dallas had more depth...and exactly what does the teams in the division have to do with defensive depth?

The Stars can can get by with less if they get to play patsies a lot of the time.

Zubov isn't better than McCabe at this point in his career, please.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Chaos said:

so it's 2 wins for dallas, 2 wins for toronto, and 2 evens...

looks like a tie :dunno:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Juicer said:
It seems that anytime a leaf player/prospect does not stack up, everyone is prejudice against the leafs. I like Carlo, but his stock is going down.

oh yeah, again could you please back this statement about his stock going down? how did you mean it? stock around the league for trade value? (which doesn't matter since he won't be traded anytime soon) or did you mean stock within the organization? (which again is wrong since he's their number one prospect and ready to make the jump full time as soon as the leafs can fit him in?

please.. explain.. :dunno:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
andora said:
so it's 2 wins for dallas, 2 wins for toronto, and 2 evens...

looks like a tie :dunno:

Except the difference in the Dallas "wins" is far greater than the difference between the Toronto "wins", IMO.

Last edited:

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
Only a Leafs fan could say such a thing :shakehead .

I don't think that I am the only person who knows that it is 2004 now and not 1999. Zubov is 34 years old so sorry to tell you but it has to end sometime.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
The Stars can can get by with less if they get to play patsies a lot of the time.

No, they can get by with less because they have Turco in net......

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
I don't think that I am the only person who knows that it is 2004 now and not 1999. Zubov is 34 years old so sorry to tell you but it has to end sometime.

Oh I forgot that this is Hockey's Future....no 34 year old(who happens to be the 3rd highest scoring d-man over the past 10 years) can possibly be better than a 29 year old(who has had a whopping 2 good seasons in his NHL career).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Chaos said:
Oh I forgot that this is Hockey's Future....no 34 year old(who happens to be the 3rd highest scoring d-man over the past 10 years) can possibly be better than a 29 year old(who has had a whopping 2 good seasons in his NHL career).

don't bring up flukey seasons. that argument only flies when talking about sheldon souray. mccabe is "different" :shakehead

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
nomorekids said:
don't bring up flukey seasons. that argument only flies when talking about sheldon souray. mccabe is "different" :shakehead

My mistake...you're right :)

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:

I did not intend to insult Mr. Zubov but you can send a letter to the Leaf and non-Leaf fans who voted McCabe onto the second All Star team at the end of the season to express your outrage.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
I did not intend to insult Mr. Zubov but you can send a letter to the Leaf and non-Leaf fans who voted McCabe onto the second All Star team at the end of the season to express your outrage.

Im sorry...I did not know one season made a player...after realizing that, I am completely outraged that Jim Carey has yet to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
Im sorry...I did not know one season made a player...after realizing that, I am completely outraged that Jim Carey has yet to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

We are talking about one season, last season, try to pay attention.

Anyway, how did McCabe drop from two good seasons to one in an hour?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
We are talking about one season, last season, try to pay attention.

Anyway, how did McCabe drop from two good seasons to one in an hour?

So it was last season...and in 2002-2003, he was coming off a "last season" of 43 points, and promptly put up a 24 point season.....I never said he went from 2 seasons to 1..I was just countering your rather weak argument about him being a 2nd team all-star "last season"

mooseOAK*

Chaos said:
So it was last season...and in 2002-2003, he was coming off a "last season" of 43 points, and promptly put up a 24 point season.....I never said he went from 2 seasons to 1..I was just countering your rather weak argument about him being a 2nd team all-star "last season"

What is weak about it? We were talking about who was better last season, McCabe beat Zubov in every stat and made the second All Star team.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
What is weak about it? We were talking about who was better last season, McCabe beat Zubov in every stat and made the second All Star team.

And as I said, one season isnt everything...if it were, Jim Carey would be in the Hall of Fame...I guess your willing to ignore 1995-2003, when Zubov beat McCabe for 8 straight seasons...but of course, the most recent fluke season is all that matters to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad