Value of: Top Six Winger to LA

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'd be willing to move Ceci and he seems like a natural fit on LA as a RHD who can play top 4 minutes and be physical.

Never been a big fan of Muzzin, but like Martinez.

What about a package of Hoffman, Ceci, Pittsburgh's 2018 1st for Kempe and Martinez?

No thanks. LA doesn't need to get rid of any young fast skilled players like Kempe. They need to add to him. I like Hoffman but he'd cost too much for LA. Unless it's a hockey trade, I don't see any trades happening this summer for LA. The Kings don't need Ceci either with some reports out that the Kings are waiting to hear about Voynov coming back (please don't turn this into a Voynov bitch fest).

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'd be willing to move Ceci and he seems like a natural fit on LA as a RHD who can play top 4 minutes and be physical.

Never been a big fan of Muzzin, but like Martinez.

What about a package of Hoffman, Ceci, Pittsburgh's 2018 1st for Kempe and Martinez?

No it would be your first for me to even think of it even then no. I would rather have Martinez than Muzzin

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
So 2 1st round picks and a young 20 goal scorer is Muzzin value?? Your off on this, the current valuations of assets makes me think 3 high end cost controlled assets are worth more than 1 yr of a super star. What kind of return are you guys expecting for 1 yr of Doughty?

We’re not looking for any return more so an 8 year extension to stay in LA.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Don't want Ottawa to trade him, but Mike Hoffman would seem to be a perfect fit on LA.

Much needed addition of top end speed and solid goal scoring. One of the best shots in the league. But a lazy defender.

Ottawa could be looking to move him to free up salary for upcoming contracts for guys like Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, etc.

Ottawa would be looking for young cost controlled forward or D back. What would it take to pry Kempe from LA?

Kempe is not for sale. We need young cost controlled players like him and his speed is much needed in our line up

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
IF LA wants a young top six winger, it's going to cost them a 1st in 19 or 20, and Martinez/Muzzin type etc, I'd trade a 1st in 2020 and Martinez for Hoffman and Christian Wolanin type D but other than that, probably not, Hoffman would be cost prohibitive at that point

Reactions: KingTrouty

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
JVR As a UFA would be a good singing for a team like LA , especially if they can get him to play a little more physical he would be perfect for the Kings During the last 20 games + Post season from the leafs he started to get a little more edgy it was nice so if you can help him continue that , he would be a nice piece for the kings & all he would cost is salary

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
fair enough i ve seen him listed as both I will let it go Even if ufa they could trade right if a team wanted him

Usually guys whose rights return something (which is usually pretty small) are actual NHL players. Fringe NHL players who split their time in the minors don't return anything for their rights.

Carl Soderberg played 82 NHL games and was coming off 2 straight 40+ seasons. He returned a 6th.

Gravel's rights would get you a 9th rd pick.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
JVR As a UFA would be a good singing for a team like LA , especially if they can get him to play a little more physical he would be perfect for the Kings During the last 20 games + Post season from the leafs he started to get a little more edgy it was nice so if you can help him continue that , he would be a nice piece for the kings & all he would cost is salary

JVR would be a great signing if he was interested in a 2-3 year deal, but he's gonna get 6 years at 6-8 million somewhere

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Usually guys whose rights return something (which is usually pretty small) are actual NHL players. Fringe NHL players who split their time in the minors don't return anything for their rights.

Carl Soderberg played 82 NHL games and was coming off 2 straight 40+ seasons. He returned a 6th.

Wow try and put words into a persons mouth but as always nice of u to respond Where did i say he held any value at all All i was saying is he would be available or his rights available in a trade He would be a throw in if wanted. However as always you try and take a shot at what you think i was trying to say by adding him to a deal but nice try . Have a nice day :)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You were looking at the entry level deal which was his 2-year contract. That had him as an RFA at the end of that. He then signed for 1-year when that deal expired and is now a Group 6 UFA.
Fair enough the link i was looking at was a from a different year and it said he was rfa Not sure why the older link poped up on google when it was one of the first links from him. Older link was the issue but yes hes ufa

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
JVR would be a great signing if he was interested in a 2-3 year deal, but he's gonna get 6 years at 6-8 million somewhere
That is a possibility i wouldn't leave anything out of the picture . 3 years for the right price . in beautiful las angeles you never know

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Deal!

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad