Value of: Top Six Winger to LA

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He's as old as Muzzin

Great Muzzin has 2 years left and I don’t want to be the team signing him to 6-8 more years just as I don’t want to be that team for Patches. In my eyes your jacking up your roster and cap, if your signing guys around 30 for 6-8 years, unless that player is a top line center or top pairing defenseman. I will be pissed if the Kings moved pieces for Patches at this point of his career.

Reactions: KingTrouty

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Wait til after July 1 to trade for him and negotiate an extension first. That's what all the other fan bases tell us when we say we don't want to give up that much for a guy with 1 or 2 years left. :laugh:
Or we could offer Skinner for Toffoli (who has 1 more year than Skinner left on his contract) and add a sweetener....something like the rights to somebody like David Cotton (although I'd hate to trade him).

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Great Muzzin has 2 years left and I don’t want to be the team signing him to 6-8 more years just as I don’t want to be that team for Patches. In my eyes your jacking up your roster and cap, if your signing guys around 30 for 6-8 years, unless that player is a top line center or top pairing defenseman. I will be pissed if the Kings moved pieces for Patches at this point of his career.

29-32 is the prime of many players. I don't think 8 years is necessarily what he's looking for. I would think 6 years 35-36M would be a good deal for him and the team.

If he had 2 years left @ 4.5 there's no way you could have him for Muzzin alone. It's fine if you don't want him, but I think the value is there.

Reactions: Doomsday

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
29-32 is the prime of many players. I don't think 8 years is necessarily what he's looking for. I would think 6 years 35-36M would be a good deal for him and the team.

If he had 2 years left @ 4.5 there's no way you could have him for Muzzin alone. It's fine if you don't want him, but I think the value is there.

Fine I still don’t want him at all. I feel the next contract is a huge gamble and I don’t want to be the team taking it. As I said the only players near 30 that I would sign to 6-8 years are top line center and top pair defenseman and he is neither. Plus most the guys signing their retirement contracts are trying for 8 years. Keep him or shop him elsewhere would be my response to any Patches deal.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
LA is not moving there 1st pick as they need to rebuild their pipeline.

I'd be more than willing to trade for Nino, Galchenyuk, or Burakovsky.

I don't know that I would definitively say they aren't trading the 20th overall pick, what I would say is they aren't trading it for a potential rental (Eberle, Skinner, Pacioretty etc), and they are more likely to move Muzzin or Martinez to make the upgrade in the Top 6.

member 88115

What would be the table for Zuccarello?

1st rounder + prospect?
I would love Zuccarello, but LA management has made a commitment to restocking their pipeline. Hence, no 1st and 2nd are on the table. That puts us in a position where we will not be trading for 1 year contract players like Zucc, Skinner, Max ect...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Ok, i wish we could do something around Muzzin, but there isn't a deal there.

I would do something around muzzin for nino in a heartbeat. Not sure what the add would be for either team. Would give wild flexibility to trade spurgeon for a good package

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Muzzin and Pearson for Nylander?
If Nylander is involved its Doughty we are going after to be 100% honest. And even then I am not sure if Dubass would move 1 of the big 3 for 1yr of Doughty. I can see more along the lines of 2 1st's+Brown/Kap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad