Value of: Top Six Winger to LA

member 88115

If Nylander is involved its Doughty we are going after to be 100% honest. And even then I am not sure if Dubass would move 1 of the big 3 for 1yr of Doughty. I can see more along the lines of 2 1st's+Brown/Kap
Your 2 1st+ offer is closer to Muzzin than Doughty

Reactions: KingTrouty

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Your 2 1st+ offer is closer to Muzzin than Doughty
So 2 1st round picks and a young 20 goal scorer is Muzzin value?? Your off on this, the current valuations of assets makes me think 3 high end cost controlled assets are worth more than 1 yr of a super star. What kind of return are you guys expecting for 1 yr of Doughty?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
So 2 1st round picks and a young 20 goal scorer is Muzzin value?? Your off on this, the current valuations of assets makes me think 3 high end cost controlled assets are worth more than 1 yr of a super star. What kind of return are you guys expecting for 1 yr of Doughty?

None! Because he isn't getting traded.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I would do this in a heartbeat which tells me Minnesota would say no to it. Also i would try to add Andreoff over the 3rd However that would take out our 4th line toughness totally

Nino for Muzzin is a wash. Although I'd give the value edge to Muzzin being that a #2 Dman is more valuable than a #2/3 winger.

You could probably get Coyle for a 2nd or 3rd and a B-prospect. Clifford and Tompson are cap dumps (although Thompson would be a useful veteran Center for Minnesota)

It also helps Minny with some of their cap problems

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You could probably get Coyle for a 2nd or 3rd and a B-prospect. Clifford and Tompson are cap dumps (although Thompson would be a useful veteran Center for Minnesota)
No, I'm pretty sure that you couldn't. If the market for him was really that bad there would be no reason to trade him.

I don't see how Nino for Muzzin helps us either, unless we turn around and trade Brodin for a winger better than Nino. If that was possible I assume LA would have made that trade to begin with.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nino for Muzzin is a wash. Although I'd give the value edge to Muzzin being that a #2 Dman is more valuable than a #2/3 winger.

It also helps Minny with some of their cap problems
I think ur really under estimating Coyle my friend

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
No, I'm pretty sure that you couldn't. If the market for him was really that bad there would be no reason to trade him.

I don't see how Nino for Muzzin helps us either, unless we turn around and trade Brodin for a winger better than Nino. If that was possible I assume LA would have made that trade to begin with.

Idk what winger Muzzin can get. I do like Nino a lot. The thought process was for Minny do get a good cheaper Dman than Spurgeon, so you guys could move him for something extra special. That thought was just from listening to some minny fans ideas

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Idk what winger Muzzin can get. I do like Nino a lot. The thought process was for Minny do get a good cheaper Dman than Spurgeon, so you guys could move him for something extra special. That thought was just from listening to some minny fans ideas
Yeah, I just don't get how trading for another LD allows us to trade Spurgeon. I realize that bit came from a Wild fan though.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Maybe a little but he's a 3rd line C/RW. He's not going to get you think will be enough. He's good but not great. The most I'd do is a 2nd + prospect.
i think he is thought of as a player that has not reached his potential and i also think that he has more upside then hes shown I think he would get time in top 6 here having carter with kopitar for a few games. and for that ur not getting him for a 2nd and prospect more like Pearson or forbort that sorta level of a player

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Don't want Ottawa to trade him, but Mike Hoffman would seem to be a perfect fit on LA.

Much needed addition of top end speed and solid goal scoring. One of the best shots in the league. But a lazy defender.

Ottawa could be looking to move him to free up salary for upcoming contracts for guys like Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, etc.

Ottawa would be looking for young cost controlled forward or D back. What would it take to pry Kempe from LA?

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
What would you really offer for Skinner going into the final year of his contract.

Good news is that it's good final year, so he'll likely be playing for a big payday. Also given Skinner's history, he alternates good years & bad, last season was rather poor.

Bad news, he only has 1 year left and if he performs well, he'll be looking for $7+ million per.

If LA is looking to make another run at the Cup before having to reload, given a number of your guys are 30+, a contract year Skinner should help.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Skinner and O'Reilly we just cant do. Skinner will cost too much to resign with Doughty's deal looming, and ROR will cost too much and eat into Doughboys money. Hoffman would be good but absolutely not at the cost of Kempe, Kings absolutely need his speed going forward.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would do this in a heartbeat which tells me Minnesota would say no to it. Also i would try to add Andreoff over the 3rd However that would take out our 4th line toughness totally

I just can’t stomach swelling low on both Nino and Coyle after both were hampered by injuries. I wouldn’t make this deal unless we know we have a sure-fire deal that will bring us back a ton of value for spurgeon. Something like spurgeon around Edmonton’s 10th and puljujarvi.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Maybe a little but he's a 3rd line C/RW. He's not going to get you think will be enough. He's good but not great. The most I'd do is a 2nd + prospect.

He is good for 50+ points a year as a versatile winger that can play anywhere in the lineup. Did I mention his cap hit is 3.2 million? He had a down year this year but he missed a lot of time with a BROKEN LEG. Now I’m not trying to make excuses but you can’t expect him to miss the first quarter of the year and just jump back in unaffected. Not to mention he played 3rd line minutes for most of the year, with Matt Cullen no less. If you look at his numbers he was on pace for just under 50 points in a full 82. I don’t think Minnesota should trade him just because of his versatility, but if they did, a second and a B level prospect wouldn’t get it done. Sorry.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
True enough... I guess if one thought they could get a better winger than Nino for Spurgeon it's worth considering.

Would be a gamble. I don’t like how we play without spurge, but maybe Fenton will take a chance..

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Don't want Ottawa to trade him, but Mike Hoffman would seem to be a perfect fit on LA.

Much needed addition of top end speed and solid goal scoring. One of the best shots in the league. But a lazy defender.

Ottawa could be looking to move him to free up salary for upcoming contracts for guys like Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, etc.

Ottawa would be looking for young cost controlled forward or D back. What would it take to pry Kempe from LA?
Would Muzzin and maybe one of Gravel Brodzinski MaDermid or Reider for Hoffman ? Just spit balling here feel free to counter As for Kempe the cost isn't anything Ottawa would do Look at ur first and ceci maybe i dunno but nothing Ottawa would do

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What would you really offer for Skinner going into the final year of his contract.

Good news is that it's good final year, so he'll likely be playing for a big payday. Also given Skinner's history, he alternates good years & bad, last season was rather poor.

Bad news, he only has 1 year left and if he performs well, he'll be looking for $7+ million per.

If LA is looking to make another run at the Cup before having to reload, given a number of your guys are 30+, a contract year Skinner should help.
Skinner doesn't make sense to me unless hes cheap and by cheap maybe muzzin and clifford cheap Yes he can score but we need to resign drew in a year so odds of resigning both not good and i would much rather save the cap for Drew then one year of Skinner

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Would Muzzin and maybe one of Gravel Brodzinski MaDermid or Reider for Hoffman ? Just spit balling here feel free to counter As for Kempe the cost isn't anything Ottawa would do Look at ur first and ceci maybe i dunno but nothing Ottawa would do
Gravel is a UFA. He's not coming back especially with Fantenberg re-signing.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Offer sheet Stone and keep the Avg under $8M per. It’ll only cost the team 1st+ 2nd + 3rd picks. Cheaper than trading for any other player and the picks will be at the bottom of each round.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017

I'd be willing to move Ceci and he seems like a natural fit on LA as a RHD who can play top 4 minutes and be physical.

Never been a big fan of Muzzin, but like Martinez.

What about a package of Hoffman, Ceci, Pittsburgh's 2018 1st for Kempe and Martinez?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad