Speculation: Top RW to CBJ

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anyone who watched him in the 2nd half and in the playoffs can see he has a very, very real chance of being a prime P. Kane as his potential. He could even surpass him. I am VERY high on Marner, I would take him over Matthews as far as highend skill goes, but Matthews is more important due to position and play style. Marner is a guy who if you have the pieces in place to have a solid core (which they do) he becomes a weapon who can be used outside of those situations and teams can't really do anything about it.

Imagine when he gets stronger and harder to knock off the puck. It took Gaudreau years to get to that point to allow him to play in the NHL, Marner was able to just due to his skill. Once he is Gaudreau's age I am sure he will be most likely the top winger in the NHL.
I'm not questioning his potential to get there, just that he's not there yet. And the poster I was replying to acknowledged that.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's hard to do the comparison when all you hear on here is hurr durr Leafs defense sucks.

But we had 4 more goal against last year than you guys, we both got our butts handed to us in the playoffs 1st round and also kicked ur butt in the standings.

That would be hard to do if Marner and Nylander are 50 point players, Jones/Werenski/Murray/Savard/Nutivaaara are better than anything we have and also Bob > Andersen.

THE LEAFS DEFENSE IS WEAK, AND THATS CAUSE ITS COMPARED TO OUR INCREDIBLE OFFENSE. We aren't apes back there, no matter what you say.

You see the disconnect now? There is something wrong here, it's not like the Leafs were Arizona.
Who said your defense sucked? Wasnt me...

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Jones is elite as well. Hes pretty much guaranteed a Norris at least once in his career. Jones had 12 less points than Marner. AS A RH D-MAN! I wouldn't even have to think about trading Draisaitl for him.
We agree he's elite, that's why Leafs fans brought him up...

Apr 9, 2009
USA
So we have set a precedent that offense does matter for defensemen.

Ok great cause Rielly had 52 points this year. I'm not talking about who has more value, Rielly is better than Werenski right now. Especially with similar defense.

Why are we not talking about trade value? It's the trade forum.

That's what I'm talking about anyways.

They're both good on D. But they're also both offensive dmen, hence my use of goals as an example. I'm still taking Werenski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad