Speculation: Top RW to CBJ

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eberle maybe. Though in an interview Lou said he was assessing the team this season so it's hard to say.
Eberle maybe. Though in an interview Lou said he was assessing the team this season so it's hard to say.

Isles just lost 70-80 pts with Tavares leaving

Wahlstrom is likely a yr away and Bellows just turning pro.

I think we are more likely to see Brock Nelson moved then Eberle at this point. Eberle has terrific chemistry with Barzal.

Reactions: blinkman360

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Eh...

If he were available and you really wanted a soft, too pretty RW/C who vanishes in the playoffs I think, you could do much worse than Savard, Bjorkstrand and a 1st, I guess.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think Atkinson bounces back. He looked much better once he came back from his injury last year and at the world championships. Be patient

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why do we need an upgrade on Atkinson-Bjorkstrand-Anderson but not Panarin-Jenner-Foligno

Our wings are fine... People are just getting desperate for moves now. Would be an incredible waste of assets to acquire something we don't need.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
That's a really lazy way of going about things.

Is, for say, Rielly/Trouba > P. Kane?

Either way, Werenski is a real good player, but I prefer Marner.
If Rielly or Trouba would be elite, then yeah.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

I think we are more likely to see Brock Nelson moved then Eberle at this point. Eberle has terrific chemistry with Barzal.

Agreed. If we're not looking good at the deadline though and Eberle still isn't re-signed, I'd imagine he'll be gone. Otherwise keep him and put Barzal in the best possible position to succeed. He is, after all, our top-line center now.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Nyquist is LH but often plays RW, I think he's his best playing on his off side. Not an elite player but real solid skill package and much more affordable, ask would probably be like a 2nd+

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

On the flip side we are short on a center so if somebody like Wennberg is available have to go for it even if it opens up a hole on our right side(my guess though is Columbus is not as open to trading Wennberg as the person who wrote this post is). In terms of prospects we also have better RW depth then center depth

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
On the flip side we are short on a center so if somebody like Wennberg is available have to go for it even if it opens up a hole on our right side(my guess though is Columbus is not as open to trading Wennberg as the person who wrote this post is). In terms of prospects we also have better RW depth then center depth

The only way Wenny becomes available is for an upgrade at center, not for a top 6 RW of which they have three currently on the roster.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The only way Wenny becomes available is for an upgrade at center, not for a top 6 RW of which they have three currently on the roster.

Sort of my assumption as well which is why I was surprised the OP added Wennberg to the list of possible trade bait(for a RW)

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Panarin is the only elite winger on the team at the moment, but there is plenty of talent on both sides. We’ve seen Jenner and Foligno play all three forward positions (and score 30 goals). The three RWs we’ve mentioned Atkinson, Anderson, and Bjorkstrand are all capable of playing top 6 minutes. As far as I saw this last season, Anderson played the best on the top line, Atkinson has played the highest up in the lineup recently, and Bjorkstrand has the highest potential of the three. Duclair and Milano both are 21 or 22 and capable of growing into top 6 scoring forwards. Abramov and Davidsson have potential too.

There are plenty of reasons to stay the course if you can keep Bread around.

It is a very very young group still. With Foligno the only one over 30 and Atkinson the only one firmly in his prime. The rest should continue to get better over the next 3-4 years.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Weird thread the jackets have 3 decent rws , could prob get eberle but he is ufa in like a year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad