Top remaining Free Agent D (possible camp tryout)

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
06/07 was real bad ... they gave NHL games to Jussi Timonen, Lars Jonsson, Nolan Baumgartner, Martin Grenier and David Printz ... and others.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ewww.. I still can't believe Kukkonen did play in the NHL. Remember the goal he gave away the puck for Ovy in playoffs.

I liked Kukkonen. That guy had a tremendous amount of heart. Absolutely fearless blocking shots.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I understand those tryouts if there is #7/#8D void to be filled.

But we already have Manning and MacDonald and we definitely don't need to stock the warm bodies section.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I could see Hextall doing Matt Greene a favor & giving him a tryout. Former North Dakota grad & LA King alum that he is. And if Morin (or any of the other rookie D, for that matter) can't outplay him in the preseason, it would be concerning.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
2012-13 was the worst.

Braydon Coburn
Nik Grossmannnnnnn
Erik Gustafsson*
Kurtis Foster
Bruno Gervais
Kent Huskins
Matt Konan* (Who? His career vanishes after this season)
Oliver Lauridsen*
Andreas Lilja
Brandon Manning*
Andrej Meszaros
Jay Rosehill
Luke Schenn
Kimmo Timonen

14 Dmen making an appearance for the Flyers...only 4 of them drafted by us, and 3 of those 4 were bad. Our best dmen were acquired via trade and we relied heavily on cap-inefficient FA to surround that core with the league's castoffs.

Jay Rosehill wasn't a Dman but your point stands. WooF!

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Bruno Gervais is a fantastic name and no one can tell me otherwise
I caught a German league game a couple of years ago and he was playing and looked quite good in that league [where he belongs]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad