WC: Top NHL players by nation at this years World Championships?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
First of, good luck to the final 4 tomorrow at the U18s!

However, while that is going on, there are several Euro tour events and a tweet a day announcing a player coming and a different player leaving.

Let's set semantics aside. The question is 'who are your top NHLer's' coming to the upcoming World's?

Eg. I would not answer this with 'Roman Cervenka is amazing'.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
And I'll start.lol

Dominik Kubalik, 27 years old, 2.5M cap hit
Karel Vejmelka, 26 years old, 2.75M cap hit

That's it!

Note: we do have some bubble NHL/AHL guys like Kaut and Jiricek but they are not NHL players this season.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Might as well do a list of all NHL players, because there doesn't seem to be many :dunno:

Sweden:
Jonathan Berggren
Lucas Raymond
Rasmus Sandin
Jakob Silfverberg
Alexander Nylander (mostly an AHL'er)

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Might as well do a list of all NHL players, because there doesn't seem to be many :dunno:

Sweden:
Jonathan Berggren
Lucas Raymond
Rasmus Sandin
Jakob Silfverberg
Alexander Nylander (mostly an AHL'er)
Shockingly low for a nation with so many quality NHL players. Are the federations cheaping out? We left Vrana and Mrazek behind.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I might be wrong but very few countries have released information on who has accepted invitations.
Czechs have.. I can't speak to other nations. I don't recall Canada and US not having skeleton rosters at this stage before but could be wrong!

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Regenda (Anaheim) and Knazko (Columbus) both had their NHL debut this season and they're most likely making the team.

Panik, while not an NHLer per se anymore, is just one season removed from his last NHL start so I count him as an 'almost NHLer'. He is a lock also.

Noone from the more established players yet, we'll see what happens after the first round, I see Tatar as a maybe if NJ loses, but with the way the Rangers have been playing recently, it doesn't seem very likely. Halak is probably a no IMO.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Shockingly low for a nation with so many quality NHL players. Are the federations cheaping out? We left Vrana and Mrazek behind.
No, just a lot of FAs, injured players, and Calgaryness. Those are the ones playing Worlds, & Czech Hockey Games, btw.

Silfverberg has a strong 5.25m AAV, though! :laugh:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Regenda (Anaheim) and Knazko (Columbus) both had their NHL debut this season and they're most likely making the team.

Panik, while not an NHLer per se anymore, is just one season removed from his last NHL start so I count him as an 'almost NHLer'. He is a lock also.

Noone from the more established players yet, we'll see what happens after the first round, I see Tatar as a maybe if NJ loses, but with the way the Rangers have been playing recently, it doesn't seem very likely. Halak is probably a no IMO.
14 and 2 NHL games.

Svozil also had 2 games and I'm considering him as a CHL player.

14 games in NHL and 50 games in AHL is an AHL player to me. That is not a knock by the way... I'm dying for a few AHL guys to join our roster.. Kral, Galvas, Jiricek, Kulich, Knot and Blumel (who had 6 NHL games). But, I don't consider any of them NHL players today.

As an aside, I was REALLY hoping you guys get Fehrevary! And Knazko is going to be awesome, big fan!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Shesterkin, Tank and the Breadman might all be available soon for. . .oh never mind.
It's funny because there are a lot of really good Russians available!

One of their elite goalies should become available - Shesterkin, Vasi or Sorokin.
Ovi, Malkin, Zubb (big fan), Provorov and Russians almost always show up They would've been a beast in this tourney!

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
It's funny because there are a lot of really good Russians available!

One of their elite goalies should become available - Shesterkin, Vasi or Sorokin.
Ovi, Malkin, Zubb (big fan), Provorov and Russians almost always show up They would've been a beast in this tourney!
TBH they have a bit of a window here at a best on best even. As a Canadian, I haven't been scared of the Russians for a long time. Unfortunately for them, the window may pass them by before the next Olympics that they participate in.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
14 and 2 NHL games.

Svozil also had 2 games and I'm considering him as a CHL player.

14 games in NHL and 50 games in AHL is an AHL player to me. That is not a knock by the way... I'm dying for a few AHL guys to join our roster.. Kral, Galvas, Jiricek, Kulich, Knot and Blumel (who had 6 NHL games). But, I don't consider any of them NHL players today.

As an aside, I was REALLY hoping you guys get Fehrevary! And Knazko is going to be awesome, big fan!
I am going by the very technical definition of an NHLer, as in 'has played in the NHL this season'.

If you want to go by bona fide NHLers, we might end up with none if Tatar is a no show. Fehervary and Ruzicka both declined and Cernak is out for game 6 in Tampa making me think it's unfortunately something more serious with his injury. Also the dude played crazy amounts of hockey last few years.

Cehlarik, Hrivik and Dano (I'm assuming he gets the call here) all have varying degrees of NHL experience too.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Breadman is banned from their national team because of that one interview where he told their old man in charge to hang up the skates.

Anyway they can beat Belarus or North Korea or whoever they're playing without him too.
Oh ya. I was only joking regardless.

Reactions: jcbio11

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I am going by the very technical definition of an NHLer, as in 'has played in the NHL this season'.

If you want to go by bona fide NHLers, we might end up with none if Tatar is a no show. Fehervary and Ruzicka both declined and Cernak is out for game 6 in Tampa making me think it's unfortunately something more serious with his injury. Also the dude played crazy amounts of hockey last few years.

Cehlarik, Hrivik and Dano (I'm assuming he gets the call here) all have varying degrees of NHL experience too.
The Cernak bunting bullshit elbow pissed me off pretty good! I'd say a bad concussion. Sucks! And leaf fans though Cernak dived.lol

If Leafs can't beat Tampa without Cernak then it'd be almost deserved.

I get your point but I don't consider guys like Blumel, Jenik, Raska, Kral, Reichel, Rousek, Jiricek, Svozil, Lauko, Hajek, Patera or Kaut (one of my favs btw) NHL players. They are currently tweeners or warm bodies.haha Happy if they can all become full timers though! Note: they won't.

Reactions: jcbio11

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Over Cervenka, & Kubalik? Nah, second line maybe.

But hey, unless Boston, & Carolina snap out of it there could be some real juicy players available.
With them! That's our top line

Cervus serving Kubalik and Silverberg!

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sandin is pretty underrated IMO I have no clue why the leafs traded their second best Dman for the all encompassing liability Gus..

Reactions: illone84

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Wonder if Team Sweden can get reinforcements from the AHL playoffs:

Alexander Holtz (RW)New Jersey Devils Utica Comets 3 1 2 3 1.00 0 1
Victor Söderström (D)Arizona Coyotes Tucson Roadrunners 2 0 0 0 0.00 2 1
Jesper WallstedtMinnesota Wild Iowa Wild 2 3.35 .897 0 2 0 0 126 61 7

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad