WC: Top NHL players by nation at this years World Championships?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1683133176203.png

I didn't expect Pasta to come and still don't but it seems like insurance is an issue as well. Don't like this trend. Still not seeing many 'big names' coming to the World's. Is Laine the most highly touted right now?

Also, Chytil and Kakko seem ready to suit up for Finland and Czechs!

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Wonder if Team Sweden can get reinforcements from the AHL playoffs:

Alexander Holtz (RW)New Jersey Devils Utica Comets 3 1 2 3 1.00 0 1
Victor Söderström (D)Arizona Coyotes Tucson Roadrunners 2 0 0 0 0.00 2 1
Jesper WallstedtMinnesota Wild Iowa Wild 2 3.35 .897 0 2 0 0 126 61 7
Söderström would be a pretty decent addition. He’s better than all the swedish euro defensemen not named Tömmernes.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Right now if i had to choose a player for my team for tournament played this month, i would struggle to take anyone over Rantanen.

But overall, i see them at the same line with few other players, which means if they both were on the tournament i would say they're both best players of the tournament. Sadly it doesn't seem to happen i would love to see elite talent on other teams as well.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Right now if i had to choose a player for my team for tournament played this month, i would struggle to take anyone over Rantanen.

But overall, i see them at the same line with few other players, which means if they both were on the tournament i would say they're both best players of the tournament. Sadly it doesn't seem to happen i would love to see elite talent on other teams as well.
Me too.. it is why I'm excited rantanan is coming! This tourney was starting to look like a non NHL Olympics.lol

Reactions: Miro4Norris

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Breadman is banned from their national team because of that one interview where he told their old man in charge to hang up the skates.

Anyway they can beat Belarus or North Korea or whoever they're playing without him too.

????????

Panarin isn't banned from the national team. He was included on the expanded list of candidates for 2022 olympics, and personally met with team officials (Zhamnov, Gonchar, Kovalchuk) who wanted a commitment from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omark

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Chytil and Zboril are confirmed. So a very good NHLer and a warm body. Czech count of real NHLers is 3... Vejmelka, Kubalik and Chytil.

Reactions: illone84

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
????????

Panarin isn't banned from the national team. He was included on the expanded list of candidates for 2022 olympics, and personally met with team officials (Zhamnov, Gonchar, Kovalchuk) who wanted a commitment from him.
Oh, okay. I vaguely seem to remember some sort of sh*tstorm after that interview he gave. Like the russian hockey officials accused him of abuse which supposedly happened a few years prior or something. And then he didn't play in the WCH even though he was at that point probably their best player.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh, okay. I vaguely seem to remember some sort of sh*tstorm after that interview he gave. Like the russian hockey officials accused him of abuse which supposedly happened a few years prior or something. And then he didn't play in the WCH even though he was at that point probably their best player.
The NA posters and Russian posters usually have very different versions of things. Fedotov, panarin, Kuznetsov, why they have to wear jerseys without their flag on them, the basketball player from WNBA and michkov are all great examples.

Not saying either side is right or wrong but the differences in views are astronomical.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
The NA posters and Russian posters usually have very different versions of things. Fedotov, panarin, Kuznetsov, why they have to wear jerseys without their flag on them, the basketball player from WNBA and michkov are all great examples.

Not saying either side is right or wrong but the differences in views are astronomical.
Sure. But I think it's safe to say that interview ruffled some feathers in the russian regime. I mean Panarin was immediately accused of some crime which supposedly happened back in 2011. And he hasn't played for Russia since and he might never play for their NT again.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Laine is out unfortunately. Bad news for Finland.. good news for the rest of us.lol

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Fiala (not yet 100% confirmed), malgin, niederreiter, berni and jjmoser for the swiss! A medaille should be their goal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad