Top-5 scorers from each team 2021-22

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Shattering his career high his by 30! pts.
Really??

If he could score in the 70's, we'd battle to keep him.
He's not better than Nylander.
74 is to much but Hyman will break 50 and might get 60 points playing with Mcdavid and on the first power play. Our PP was already the best with Chaisson instead of Hyman. Hyman is not the one that is over estimated, as there is no way Nurse is getting over 70 points.

Reactions: Dache

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Best guess
Seguin
Robertson
Hintz
Klingberg
Pavelski/Radulov

Top 3 flirt with 70
Bottom 3 around 50.
Hintz misses part of the season with another injury

Radulov 80+
Seguin 75+
Hintz 60+
Robertson 50+
Pavelski 45+

Dream big, baby.
Radulov is like a fine wine- only gets better with age.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Trades could still happen (Eichel, Tarasenko, etc) but I wanted to get your early opinion on the top scorers from each team. I made a list, tell me what you think (this assumes everyone is mostly healthy except players that we already know will miss some part of the season like Gourde, Domi, Toews, Tuch, etc)
NJ
1 Hughes - 61
2 Hischier - 58
3 Hamilton - 56
4 Bratt - 42
5 Zacha - 39
Zacha paced for nearly 60 points over 82 this past season scoring 35 in 50. If he only scores 4 more than that in 82 games this season I would be utterly shocked. He was probably our best player a lot of the time last year.
If I had to guess:
1. Hischier - 62
2. Hughes - 60
3. Zacha - 57
4. Bratt - 55
5. Hamilton - 55

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
ok... and?

Just that your prediction seems overly cautious considering McDavid's ppg over the last 3 seasons clocks in 1.6 (132pts over a full season).

I agree that 150+ is ridiculous. But 110 is also being a touch too modest IMO

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Seems awfully conservative.

He scored that as an 18yo and got 40 in 59 as a 19yo.

You do know that Krueger is gone, right?

With Eichel likely gone, the Sabres won't score much. They will likely have the worst offense in the league. Let's see how Dahlin does when he's one of the few guys that can score. 45-50 pts seems realistic

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Zacha paced for nearly 60 points over 82 this past season scoring 35 in 50. If he only scores 4 more than that in 82 games this season I would be utterly shocked. He was probably our best player a lot of the time last year.
If I had to guess:
1. Hischier - 62
2. Hughes - 60
3. Zacha - 57
4. Bratt - 55
5. Hamilton - 55

Zacha will be 3C with Hischier back, right? Highly doubt he scores 57 points as 3C

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What's your source for this?

Local beat writer on the radio the other day. Basically, he stated because the injury involves multiple ligaments that people shouldn’t expect him back until around the new year.

I would point out that the org's said nothing beyond they expect him to miss the start of training camp, which suggests maybe they have a more optimistic approach than the beat writers (who so far really don't seem that clued in under Hextall's regime), but I'm not gonna bank on that. Multiple months seemed into the season seemed the mood when they announced surgery, multiple months seems to fit their decision to keep together a really strong 1-2-3 punch at C even without Malkin, even if that cost them good wingers.

Reactions: 42

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Zacha will be 3C with Hischier back, right? Highly doubt he scores 57 points as 3C
No, Zacha will hopefully never play center again. Zacha is frankly very bad at center and very good as a winger. He looked infinitely better playing on the wing alongside Hischier and Bratt, and even with Hischier back, Zacha still was playing left wing alongside him rather than shifting to 3C. That line would look downright dominant at times. Although we do have a gap at 3C, I feel like it's more likely that Boqvist becomes the 3C than anything, or, if we acquire a top 6 winger with Fitz has said multiple times he wants to do, Kuokkanen could probably be the 3C.

Reactions: Number 57

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
If I had to guess:
1. Hischier - 62
2. Hughes - 60
3. Zacha - 57
4. Bratt - 55
5. Hamilton - 55
Reasonable. Except I would have Hughes at around 70

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Shattering his career high his by 30! pts.
Really??

If he could score in the 70's, we'd battle to keep him.
He's not better than Nylander.
If McDavid actually has a 154 point season like that guy predicted, that’d probably drag Hymans numbers way up even if he is obviously not a 70 point player.

I think he has a good chance to reach 60 points this year.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Lol! He was already playing with Marner and Matthews. Assuming Drai and McDavid play on separate lines and Hyman is not on the first unit PP there is no way he hits those numbers. Ryan Smith was a first unit PP fixture.
And Nurse goes from pacing at 53 points last year to 78 points or about a 50% increase!!!!!
Puljaarvi paced for 37 points last year and he’s now getting 71 points or a 90% increase!!!!
I agree the Nurse prediction is way too high, especially since he doesn’t get PP time, there’s no way he gets anywhere near 78 points.

However I don’t think the Puljujarvi prediction is all that ludicrous. Even over the course of the season he improved a lot, so his natural growth + if he is stapled to McDavids hip, who subsequently scores 154 points like that guy predicted, Puljujarvi’s totals will rocket up (pick this guy up in fantasy)
In a more realistic prediction though McDavid probably ends up in the 130-140 point range with Puljujarvi coming in around 60-65 point range.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad