Top 3 teams got leaked before the show began

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This happened with the NCAA Selection Show a few years ago, although they way they presented it that year they deserved it. Lots of pissed off advertisers that night.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doesn't the NHL claim it's done behind closed doors? One man draws and another brings out the results and they are seen for the first time as we view them.

Proves this whole process is shady and could very well be rigged.

NHL was just caught lying!

The balls are drawn in front of GMs/whatever team reps sent who want to view it. You can go on youtube and find videos of the ball draws from past years. It's not rigged, just stupid.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I imagine it showed on a raw feed, normal watcher where seeing ads at that moment. Was it seen by a relevant amount of people before the result went public to matter in the slightest bit ?

I mean yeah, obviously in the grand scheme it’s completely meaningless. Not like personal health or banking info got leaked.

It still looks incredibly bush league and has people calling the integrity of the lottery into question (and no, I don’t believe this is any evidence of the latter).

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Lol at the people crying about it being rigged. First you would think they know how the lottery works before calling it rigged. 14 balls, 4 are removed, (1001 combinations) that combination forms the first winner based on a spreadsheet they have based on league standings. It's not based on pulling an logo out of an envelope.

Second, why would the league and E&Y open themselves up to massive lawsuits and reputation harm over a lottery like this. E&Y brings in 35 billion a year, if the NHL asked them to rig a shitty small town lottery they would laugh at Bettman's count chocula face. Besides, the whole league can't be in on it.

Third and most important. New Jersey and Edmonton, are those really the teams you think the league are conspiring to assure get the most first overall picks? Lol. Yes, Bettman hates Colorado for no specific reason that's why he made sure they got Mackinnon a couple years ago.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The draw was made earlier today, I'm sure the TV executives have known for hours now. Not sure why people are saying this means it's rigged.
If it's not live, who knows what they're doing and whether it's rigged? It not being live is suspicious for sure.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Doesn't the NHL claim it's done behind closed doors? One man draws and another brings out the results and they are seen for the first time as we view them.

Proves this whole process is shady and could very well be rigged.

NHL was just caught lying!

I am a bit curious with that message and the likes, serious or parody ?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Wow

You want to take someone’s job away (someone who may have a family, kids, pets, loans) because something as innocuous as the top 3 results of an over glorified bingo ball drawing got leaked 10 minutes early?

No one got hurt. Really had no impact on ANYTHING

Classless or clueless, can’t tell which!

Shhhh... your making too much sense.

Yes, fire everyone!!!

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Yes. It’s not a big deal. Really. It’s not.

How are you people this short sighted?
What? I found out who was drafting in the top 3 two and a half months from now thirty minutes before I was suppose to. There's a special ring in hell for whoever made that graphic mixup.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
You know absolutely nothing about how or why this happened but you think someone should be fired

Sounds like a well informed opinion
You know nothing about it as well. I'm responding to YOUR comment about IF someone at the network leaked the info, then yes, they should absolutely be fired.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I mean yeah, obviously in the grand scheme it’s completely meaningless. Not like personal health or banking info got leaked.

It still looks incredibly bush league and has people calling the integrity of the lottery into question (and no, I don’t believe this is any evidence of the latter).

But no serious person taking 1, maximum 2 minutes is. I imagine those are mostly trolls just having fun. With the history of things that were said / seen on those raw feed, that would be a lot of people getting fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00