Top 3 teams got leaked before the show began

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Literally back to back years that Ottawa dropped as far as that could have no? Not complaining but dang, can't even win the lottery :laugh:

Reactions: MacBradley

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Unfortunate leak but it doesn't matter in the end knowing 5 minutes before we would have otherwise known.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
The odds determine how many of 1000 possible combinations of four balls from a 14-ball lottery machine a team wil be assigned. The team that wins the first lottery will have its remaining combinations distributed proportionately among the remaining 14 teams.

The actual process of the lotteries taking place will not be televised. Instead, once the positions have been determined in a private session, the selections will be revealed in reverse order.

They do not claim for any of this to be live too.

Lot of people know(including sport medias and the teams) the result before the show that announce them:

Behind the scenes at the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery with Gary Bettman - Sportsnet.ca

And is partly done so the broadcast can make the infography that leaked here in advance:
The next step was equally important: Making sure the team cards were in the correct order for the television broadcast. That process took nearly three times as long as the lottery itself since they double- and triple-check the order and Bettman was involved in every step along the way.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Makes EY look bad....overrated firm anyway
i was kinda amused by how they put that out there that he was E&Y.. weird thing to advertise

stick your nose out there saying you can handle sensitive information then your shit gets leaked..

Reactions: MacBradley

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
NHL likely does the lottery right after the season ends. They spend the rest of the time dressing the reveal up. Nothing is done live in case of **** ups. All of this was pre-recorded and likely everyone was signed to an NDA. Some member of the crew leaked it for the lulz.

I mean. Minutes before the cards, Weeks was in gloves and stick mode during the x's and o's of goaltending display then in one short breath he was in leg pads. Told me right theh we were watching some form of pre-recorded show.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
And the Avs get hosed again. Not rigged at all, right?
I think there was like over 50% chance that the Avs would draft 4th so at this point it was just a coin toss where we lost :( I need to change my avatar though god damn it !!

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Kings and Coyotes have been the real losers imo. Colorado had MacKinnon in 2013 at least, Gabe was drafted in 2011 I think.

LA really needed a top two draft pick here and instead are picking 5th. The Yotes never got a top 3 pick after 2015 when they needed one.

Kings and Coyotes have gotten plenty of top picks in the past decade. When was the last time the Wings got one? The early 90s??

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kings and Coyotes have been the real losers imo. Colorado had MacKinnon in 2013 at least, Gabe was drafted in 2011 I think.

LA really needed a top two draft pick here and instead are picking 5th. The Yotes never got a top 3 pick after 2015 when they needed one.
LOL please with the Kings

They've won two cups in the last 7 years, they deserve nothing for a decade+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad