TSN: Top 20 Trade Bait List

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Doan and Iginla aren't what they once where but for a contending team they could prove some good depth. They're far from garbage.

Also I've never quite gotten the thinking behind the trade bait list. I get the feeling like other years the trade deadline will be quiet again this year.

MikeRahl

Feb 20, 2010
Very high end scorer cannot play on the second line? :huh:

He's serviceable on the second as a plug-in, but he is a third line player. He is pretty much the quintessential middle 6 player.

I'm not sure why anyone would ever think of him as high-end scorer.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Doan and Iginla aren't what they once where but for a contending team they could prove some good depth. They're far from garbage.

Also I've never quite gotten the thinking behind the trade bait list. I get the feeling like other years the trade deadline will be quiet again this year.

Eh, I get the feeling from Avalanche fans that Iginla is indeed pure, hot garbage.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Doesn't really make sense to put Pavelec that far up. There are quite a few UFA goalies better than he is.

Elliott, Miller, Johnson, Mason, Neuvirth, Kuemper, Budaj, Condon and Darling are all guys I would rather have as back-up than Pavelec.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Doesn't really make sense to put Pavelec that far up. There are quite a few UFA goalies better than he is.

Elliott, Miller, Johnson, Mason, Neuvirth, Kuemper, Budaj, Condon and Darling are all guys I would rather have as back-up than Pavelec.

Yes, but how many of them are/will be available at the deadline?

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
01. Kevin Shattenkirk
02. Matt Duchene
03. Martin Hanzal
04. Mathieu Perreault
05. Radim Vrbata
06. Michael Stone
07. Gabriel Landeskog
08. Ben Bishop
09. Ondrej Pavelec
10. Patrik Berglund
11. Jordan Eberle
12. Thomas Vanek
13. Marc-Andre Fleury
14. Anthony Duclair
15. Curtis Lazar
16. Dmitry Kulikov
17. Jaroslav Halak
18. Shane Doan
19. Jarome Iginla
20. Patrick Sharp

The bolded players are the only one's I predict get traded.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
01. Kevin Shattenkirk
02. Matt Duchene
03. Martin Hanzal
04. Mathieu Perreault
05. Radim Vrbata
06. Michael Stone
07. Gabriel Landeskog
08. Ben Bishop
09. Ondrej Pavelec
10. Patrik Berglund
11. Jordan Eberle
12. Thomas Vanek
13. Marc-Andre Fleury
14. Anthony Duclair
15. Curtis Lazar
16. Dmitry Kulikov
17. Jaroslav Halak
18. Shane Doan
19. Jarome Iginla
20. Patrick Sharp

Mine.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Considering that Landeskog, Duchene and eberle are not realy players on the way to quit their team, I think Habs would have interest for:

(in order)

1) Patrick Sharp: realy on a down, but an efficient playoff performer, some leadership and experience to bring to this team. He can play center or winger depending how Galchenyuk will translate on the big times

price: not coming to expensive (2nd + prospect?)

2) Radim Vrbata: Not sexy as hell, but bring points on the scoreboard, a need for the Habs

price: Should realy not be expensive (a late 2nd should be enough)

3)Dmitry Kulikov: the better LD on the list. Not a need for Habs actually but with all the injuries, we need security

price: because he's the best, a 2nd and a prospect. He doesnt diserve much. I think Montréal can grab him by giving up WAS 2nd rd pick + Greg Pateryn (a great depth dman for us with certainly some value)

4) Jarome Iginla: 50% retained: He's not good anymore. He would be a last minute option. He could bring experience, not sure about his leadership anymore. It certainly has not effect on Colorado.

Price: (a late 2nd basicly because the salary retained). If not retained, I think nobody will spent on him.

Category why not for habsme!?:

Hanzal: He can be a great for a team needing defense, but uneffective for a team who need points or a team having an hole somewhere to fill permanently

Perreault: because even Jets fan try to convince us that he's a legit 6, he dont bring these numbers and Habs are not willing to bring another bottom 6 4M$ overpaid player.

Shattenkirk: The best player, but we're solid with Weber and Petry for the RD

Stone: for the sames reasons than Shattenkirk, but if we take a shot at someone on RD, it will be him because I dont think he'll cost a lot

Berglung-Lazar-Duclair-Doan...: Not top 6 material for us and enough passengers on the bottom 6

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Perreault has excelled up and down the Jets' lineup.

His even strength scoring is very high end. Scoff all you want--the numbers side with me (click for bigger):

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Wonder why Gionta isn't on the list.

Last year of his contract, good veteran presence, can play well and chip in offense on the third line.

Surprised especially because Kulikov is on there over him. I know defenseman>winger, but you gotta think Gionta is more valuable given what was stated above, and that Kulikov has had a very underwhelming year.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Kevin Shattenkirk to NYR for 1st 2017 (conditional), 2nd 2017, Brady Skjei and Niklas Jensen
Matt Duchene to Montreal for 1st 2017, Noah Juulsen, DD and Nikita Scherbak
Martin Hanzal to Philadelphia for 2nd 2017, VandeVelde and Michael Del Zotto
Mathieu Perreault to Ottawa for Curtis Lazar
Gabriel Landeskog to Los Angeles for 1st 2017, Adrian Kempe and Tanner Pearson
Patrik Berglund to Tampa Bay for Ben Bishop
Thomas Vanek and Mike Green to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson, Kris Russell, 1st 2017 and conditional 3rd
Anthony Duclair to Toronto for Brendan Leipsic
Dmitry Kulikov to Washington for Madison Bowey
Shane Doan to Chicago for 3rd 2017
Jarome Iginla to Chicago/Calgary for 5th 2017
Patrick Sharp to Washington for 3rd 2017
Radim Vrbata to San Jose for 4th 2017
Michael Stone to Winnipeg for 4th 2017

Not happening.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
01. Kevin Shattenkirk
02. Matt Duchene
03. Martin Hanzal
04. Mathieu Perreault
05. Radim Vrbata
06. Michael Stone
07. Gabriel Landeskog
08. Ben Bishop
09. Ondrej Pavelec
10. Patrik Berglund
11. Jordan Eberle
12. Thomas Vanek
13. Marc-Andre Fleury
14. Anthony Duclair
15. Curtis Lazar
16. Dmitry Kulikov
17. Jaroslav Halak
18. Shane Doan
19. Jarome Iginla
20. Patrick Sharp

More than that get traded for sure.

Maybe there are a few guys on there that we may see moved in the off season/hold out past that, but there is definitely more movement than just three players.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Do people just want and expect the day full of blockbuster trades?

I mean, I'd love that too, but the TDL haven't been that quiet.
It's that a lot of the trades are smaller, and half of them come in right at the end of the day, and trickle through, instead of a steady stream all day long.

But there has been quite a bit of movement lately at the TDL.

Mad Brills*

Since I'm expecting nothing this deadline, we might actually have a decent deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad