Top 20 Prospects

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Sweeney pretty much loaded the entire system for years in the draft. Disregarding the Hamilton trade, but we have a bright future.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Colby Cave
Justin Hickman
Colton Hargrove
Austin Czarnik
Frank Vatrano
Sean Kuraly
Anton Blidh
Noel Acciari
Ben Sexton

I am really interested in this group of guys, not big name prospects, but it will be fun to see if any of them can make an impact at the NHL level, also how they do in Providence.

I am curious to see if any of them could have an insanely good camp and threaten to grab a 4th line roster spot.

I think most of them need a little more time and experience though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
In 5 years, I think we finally get to the lineup that gives us our next championship window:

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Senyschyn
Connolly - JFK - Heinen
Gabrielle - Kuraly - Ferlin

Zboril - Morrow
Grzelcyk - C. Miller
O'Gara - Carlo

Rask
McIntyre​
I love it when Baseball America does this 5 year projection stuff

gets you thinking

I'm sure we will have prospects from the next two drafts working in and trades and stuff, but working only with what you got good work

Image what one would look like if we did it June 1, 2013 before the start of the Finals against Chicago:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No, wait a few weeks until after development camp.

I'm already getting ready to compare Senyshyn to Brian Bellows (better skater of course than BB, but Bellows didn't have the training and equipment in 1982 these yutes do)

and of course, Danton Heinen to Patrice Bergeron:laugh:

Kirk does these lists when is it coming out?- I want to see if what he thinks of Heinen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We should do a Poll but make it Top 25, as the Bruins have by my count possibly 48 prospects now that fit the criteria if they include Pastrnak and Spooner, and including some question marks due to their status like Chudinov, Fallstrom, and Dempsey.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
it's a nice group, but there's no stud in the bunch. that'd be my biggest complaint about the hamilton trade. really had to get a difference maker in the deal. picks are just too unreliable unless they are can't miss guys at the top.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
it's a nice group, but there's no stud in the bunch. that'd be my biggest complaint about the hamilton trade. really had to get a difference maker in the deal. picks are just too unreliable unless they are can't miss guys at the top.

Be patient one of them could become that stud or we find him next yr with the Sharks pick, hopefully.

In any way it'll be fun again to be able to root against another team and be on the Watson/Chychrun watch. I miss rooting against the Leafs the last couple of yrs.:laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Be patient one of them could become that stud or we find him next yr with the Sharks pick, hopefully.

In any way it'll be fun again to be able to root against another team and be on the Watson/Chychrun watch. I miss rooting against the Leafs the last couple of yrs.:laugh:

valid point. rooting against the leafs was a heckuva good time. gotta say though, the sharks look pretty solid. they made some nice additions the past week. but west is brutally tough, never know. maybe jones will suck.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I'm already getting ready to compare Senyshyn to Brian Bellows (better skater of course than BB, but Bellows didn't have the training and equipment in 1982 these yutes do)

and of course, Danton Heinen to Patrice Bergeron:laugh:

Kirk does these lists when is it coming out?- I want to see if what he thinks of Heinen.

Just checked Bellows career , he had 1022 point in 1188 games. I remember his draft year he had a monster playoffs with Kitchener... if Senyshyn gets even close to his sats no one will complain... Heinen is another guy that looks far better than where he was drafted....

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
this is past the point of insanity. if you actually iced this lineup in 5 years you'd probably win 11 games. the current good players will be 5 years older, a few of the prospects will be good and the rest of the roster will be ahlers and complete washouts.

Did you look into a crystal ball to determine that? I don't know how you can say something so ignorant with such certainty.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just checked Bellows career , he had 1022 point in 1188 games. I remember his draft year he had a monster playoffs with Kitchener... if Senyshyn gets even close to his sats no one will complain... Heinen is another guy that looks far better than where he was drafted....

I'm not projecting points but more stylistically which I'm sure you know and were just giving info on his career which I thank you because I meant to look it up

the one guy who has the star at the top of the tree is Pastrnak and he's just turned 19 so it looks a lot better with a signature player but even at his age he doesn't qualify for the list but must be considered

My view is there are so many really good prospects- double digit deep that even if they hit on 33% of them they are quite good shape

this year we may see 4-5 young players make Boston

and then starting next year you will see guys start to bubble up for spots

Heinen will be the guy Boston hockey fans and media start realizing soon is a guy to keep an eye on- beside his skill he has that special sense he is one step ahead of the play and knows where all his teammates are going to be even if the teammates haven't decided yet that is where they are going

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Thanks Wally appreciate it - hope your 4th is a safe and happy one and your boys aren't reenacting the Bruins-Flyers brawls from the 70's;)

I am still stuffed from cookout this afternoon and sitting here with dog who is on my feet scared of off in distantance fireworks- going to hang with the Mut and watch the idiot box (got some leftover lemonade from the pre colonoscopy prep- will put it to good use and throw a little Skyy vodka in it:laugh:)....can't wait till these board members turn 50 and have to go through all this fun stuff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks Wally appreciate it - hope your 4th is a safe and happy one and your boys aren't reenacting the Bruins-Flyers brawls from the 70's;)

I am still stuffed from cookout this afternoon and sitting here with dog who is on my feet scared of off in distantance fireworks- going to hang with the Mut and watch the idiot box (got some leftover lemonade from the pre colonoscopy prep- will put it to good use and throw a little Skyy vodka in it:laugh:)....can't wait till these board members turn 50 and have to go through all this fun stuff

LOL!

No kidding. Did mine last summer. Good for another few years.
4th was good. My Moms in Woburn. Lobster, burgers, dogs, sausage, and every kind of salad and dessert known to man. Funny now seeing the yutes all grown with boyfriends and girlfriends there. 25 people. Mom in her glory. I left when they started playing beer pong in the garage. :laugh:

I think my boys have got the battling out of their system. Breaking dear old dads ribs and ruining Christmas shocked them. Besides I told the Bride Im too old and brittle now to referee. If they decide to throw 'em again they are on their own. But my money is on the younger one. He has 2 inches an 40 ppounds on his ' big brother' and is. 5 day a week gym rat.

:D

trudatman*

I'd like to read some whys from those putting Khokhlachev and/or Subban near the top of their lists.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

I started drinking much earlier than 50 myself. :monkey:

:facepalm:

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I'm not projecting points but more stylistically which I'm sure you know and were just giving info on his career which I thank you because I meant to look it up

the one guy who has the star at the top of the tree is Pastrnak and he's just turned 19 so it looks a lot better with a signature player but even at his age he doesn't qualify for the list but must be considered

My view is there are so many really good prospects- double digit deep that even if they hit on 33% of them they are quite good shape

this year we may see 4-5 young players make Boston

and then starting next year you will see guys start to bubble up for spots

Heinen will be the guy Boston hockey fans and media start realizing soon is a guy to keep an eye on- beside his skill he has that special sense he is one step ahead of the play and knows where all his teammates are going to be even if the teammates haven't decided yet that is where they are going

Ok I understand about Bellows I remember how he played. Pasta also agree, when I first heard about him it appeared that he was too slight to have an immediate impact, however Pasta is very impressive...he overcame every obstacle in front of him. He was injured in pre-season as I feared he would be, then went down to Providence and learned how to be a pro and he excelled. When he came up he improved and learned from every game. He is a special player and his trajectory is excellent.

Heinen I have not seen other than some youtube videos but he also seems like he will be an impactful player in the pros. Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Spooner no longer a prospect

1 Khokhlachev
2 Morrow
3 Subban/McIntyre
4 Ferlin/Griffith
5 Arnesson
6 Heinen
7 Cehlarik
8 Senyshyn
9 DeBrusk
10Zboril/C Miller

Technically he still is, but since he's a lock for an NHL spot now with a 1 way deal I won't include him either. The cutoff for a skater is 65 games or 26 years old. Spooner has 27 games.

He might still be under HF guidelines. Pastrnak too.

Yes, they are both still prospects in that regard, but they are locks for the roster so im graduating them.

1. Khoklachev
2. Subban
3. Morrow
4. Zboril
5. McIntyre
6. Senyshyn
7. C Miller
8. Debrusk
9. Carlo
10. Lauzon

crazy how this draft reloaded our prospect pool.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We're in great shape. That list doesn't even include Heinen too, and he seems to be a gem.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
I'd like to read some whys from those putting Khokhlachev and/or Subban near the top of their lists.

People keep pushing these players as our top prospects. These two guys have serious questions about their playing styles. Subban plays so deep in his net relying on his reflexes but NHL shooters will pick him apart. Koko has put up some points in the AHL but doesn't do anything special to say that he'll succeed at the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad