Top 20 Prospects

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
it seems like everyone has different idea about what the list is ranking. everyone has khoklachev on top but i find it extremely hard to believe if you called some other team up offering zboril or debrusk or senyshyn even, they'd be like screw off we need khoklachev who 5 years in can't make your nhl team.

Yeah, they'd be all like "**** off! Guy is 21 and not even played in one All-Star game?? When I trade for a player, I expect him to be scoring hattricks in the NHL before he's of legal age! I like to make little racecars out of my poop!"

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Amusing , we do love our shinny new toys, as a father of two boys I learned that shinny new toys only amuse for a very short time . Then they become like all the other not so shinny toys, get real people the guys we drafted this year go at the bottom of the list not the top.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Amusing , we do love our shinny new toys, as a father of two boys I learned that shinny new toys only amuse for a very short time . Then they become like all the other not so shinny toys, get real people the guys we drafted this year go at the bottom of the list not the top.

Depends on how you're ranking them.

Yes, in reality, the new 18 year old kids would not go at the top of a prospect list based on how good they currently are, considering we have a bunch of 20+ year olds in the farm with many more years of pro development.

But if you're rating them based on projections and how good they can be, it's hard not to put them at the top. With the farm filled with a bunch of 2nd round and below prospects, the newbies probably would come in and jump to the top of that list.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

True but we got one bleep load amount of toys

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In 5 years, I think we finally get to the lineup that gives us our next championship window:

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Senyschyn
Connolly - JFK - Heinen
Gabrielle - Kuraly - Ferlin

Zboril - Morrow
Grzelcyk - C. Miller
O'Gara - Carlo

Rask
McIntyre​

Got to see Heinen play a lot this year (granted it was on TV), but I think he's the real deal, and I would not have him anywhere but Center.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This was the only video I could find on Kuraly. At least we know the kid can take a hit:

Maybe the B's should have Zane talk to Caggiula about signing a FA deal with Boston as well?

Not sure if everyone is aware of it or not, but Kuraly is headed back to Miami as C for his senior year. Hopefully, the B's don't lose him to the NCAA "loophole". Guessing that would have been a conversation they had with him already?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Yeah it takes a team full of 1st overalls like Edmonton to win a cup :shakehead
These are prospects and I think a good many of them will blossom into a a interesting team dynamic. They will get to know each other quite well and hopefully develop some great chemistry like some of Tampa's young guys.

Generally to win a cup it takes at least one or two superstars, I just don't see any on that list, and in this day and age the only way to get one is to draft them, or to trade with Boston.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Generally to win a cup it takes at least one or two superstars, I just don't see any on that list, and in this day and age the only way to get one is to draft them, or to trade with Boston.

Who are the two superstars the Bruins had in 2011?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
No doubt this prospect pool is as deep as any time I can remember. Even if there isn't a potential HoFer in the group it will be a group that will push for jobs, give us options for cost controlled players and by the resumes of many of these guys will be leaders as well.

This is not to mention two first rd picks next year as well.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Exactly... no one anywhere near that level at any position in our prospects.

You would have said the same thing about Bergeron, Krejci and Lucic when they were drafted. There may not be a superstar in our group, but I'd wager there are a couple guys who will be near that level.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I look at that list and see bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defenceman, and a bunch of fringe nhl journeymen and ahl players. There is not a single guy on that list that stands out as a potential first line star in the nhl.

2 cups? Jesus

We have 4 outstanding top six forwards for the next 5-7 years (Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Pasternak). Between Connolly, Debrusk, Senyshyn and Heinen, I would think at least two will become very good top 6 forwards. The rest of our prospect depth ensures that we have great bottom 6 forwards. They play a lot of the game too.

Our defense going forward is lacking star power. Zboril might have it, and maybe Morrow, but hard to see it in anyone else yet. Great depth though.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
In 5 years, I think we finally get to the lineup that gives us our next championship window:

Connolly - JFK - Heinen

Zboril - Morrow
Grzelcyk - C. Miller
O'Gara - Carlo

Rask
McIntyre​

5 years? Did you calculate anything during those 5 years. In 5 years time I do not think you will see one of those 3 here.

More like 5 years of misery, there is bound to be a 1st round pick playing center.

That Bear

Jan 22, 2011
Should we get some daily polls going to vote on our top 20 like many team boards are doing?

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA

Connolly - JFK - Heinen

Zboril - Morrow
Grzelcyk - C. Miller
O'Gara - Carlo

Rask
McIntyre​
this is past the point of insanity. if you actually iced this lineup in 5 years you'd probably win 11 games. the current good players will be 5 years older, a few of the prospects will be good and the rest of the roster will be ahlers and complete washouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad